lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2017, 08:39 PM   #11
rnhrtfan
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Newbie and a first restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter99 View Post
I'm no expert but for $300 I think you got a steal. That's a great base for a project cart or just clean it up and enjoy as is. Be aware, if you start to mod it's hard to stop.
Yea the more I get into it I feel like I should have had a bandana on my face and a gun on my hip... as for mods... it's already started... wheels of thought are turnin... like a freight train...
rnhrtfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2017, 09:48 AM   #12
hipower
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnhrtfan View Post
Yea the more I get into it I feel like I should have had a bandana on my face and a gun on my hip... as for mods... it's already started... wheels of thought are turnin... like a freight train...
Opinions will vary but if you put decent standard size tires on it and get it running for less than $1,000 you absolutely should be wearing a mask and carrying a gun. Excellent find, enjoy.
hipower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:56 AM   #13
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

rnhrtfan,
Great find, and an awesome price.
Looks like this will be a fun thread to follow.
Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:36 PM   #14
rnhrtfan
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys! As of right now I have found standard tires and wheels new (I have mismatched wheels right now) for $200... that would bring the total current investment up to $500 right now.... I am assuming that I will need batteries as a minimum but will know better when I get the wiring connections fixed and can begin checking the charging system... my hope is that the batteries are good enough to last me a couple of months and allow me to do some other stuff before bighting off the batteries... my wife wants to stick with stock tires and wheels with hubcaps but I have found a new set of 12" low profile tires for $60 (that's for all 4) locally here so I want to buy a 12" wheel and go that route... If I can get it rollin for under $1200 before mods I will be happy...
Old 09-20-2017, 04:28 PM   #15
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

4 stock wheels and rims for 2 bills seems steep. I would check your local cart shops, some of them have good take offs for next to nothing. That cash could go to the rollers you really want!
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 12:42 PM   #16
rnhrtfan
Not Yet Wild

not much of an update but did roll it out of the garage and clean the frame... filled the old batteries with some distilled water and waiting on new cables now...

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg
Old 10-03-2017, 08:56 AM   #17
rnhrtfan
Not Yet Wild

Not much of an update, but I did get some new (to me) tires and wheels... So far total project cost is up to $480... beginning body prep work for paint and still saving lunch money for batteries...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0525.jpg (155.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-03-2017, 09:12 AM   #18
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflyer View Post
rnhrtfan,
Great find, and an awesome price.
Looks like this will be a fun thread to follow.
Aflyer

Looks like a good base for a neat build!
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 03:16 PM   #19
rnhrtfan
Not Yet Wild

got a little bit of body work done today. I have never attempted body work or paint on any type of vehicle but I have refinished a lot of furniture and do a lot of carpentry work so I am attempting this on my own. Still have to do some more blending of the glazing putty then some more dulling of the shine before I prime it but all and all I am pretty happy with my efforts so far...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0535.jpg (187.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-09-2017, 09:50 PM   #20
JordanB367
Not Yet Wild

Make sure you spray it in adhesion promoter before you lay your primer. It can be bought in rattle cans at most paint supply stores. You need this because most automotive grade primers are made to adhere to steel.
JordanB367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car