lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2017, 11:34 AM   #11
jeremykent
Gone Wild

Default Re: Low power at low throttle

AAHHH you are right, I was thinking club car when I looked at the tag. MFG is A301, which would be a 01 correct? Series 1338993

The belt measures right at 1 1/8 maybe 1 5/16
jeremykent is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2017, 11:48 AM   #12
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

OK, *whew* now we're on track, LOL ... Dont count the fuzzy part at the edge when You measure the belt, best to use a caliper and snug it up a bit to get an accurate reading, but if You're at 1 1/8 with a tape measure (ish) then yeah, that belt is definitely due for replacement, and could easily be causing the slippage and loss of power at low speeds. For a 2001, I'd go with the 27077-G02 belt, it's a bit tight to get on and will take a week or two to break in (which isn't a huge deal, it'll just give a little bit of a jerky start til it does) but the difference over a good stock belt is night and day, in your case with the worn belt it should MORE than do the trick (and at under $35 it's due anyhow so You're not wasting any $$ to try that first)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:36 PM   #13
jeremykent
Gone Wild

Ok new belt ordered, I will let you know what happens once installed.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:07 PM   #14
van the man
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Stick that old belt somewhere inside the cart. Might save the day sometime.
van the man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:51 AM   #15
jeremykent
Gone Wild

Got the new belt in and installed. The cart is better but the belt still seems to slip. I can now drive up on my trailer with out a running start, but you can feel the clutch / belt grabbing as you go up. You can also hear a slight click when the clutch disengages.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:06 AM   #16
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Give the belt a little wear in time. I replaced my 21 year old belt (1996) this summer with the shorter one. It was jerky and slick at first but is now better. A lot more torque and shifts better, keeping the revs up at very low throttle to give more control when doing things like loading and threading thru tight trees.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:06 AM   #17
David Maner
Morel Man

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremykent View Post
Valves are good

Changed ignitor no change

Changed coil, it was a little better so I took it out for a ride. Still when you try to climb any incline it wont do it, had to push it to get going.

I took the seat off and tried to climb a small 2 foot hill. The motor starts, driven clutch closes enough to grab the belt, then it just spins (clutch is spinning belt is not moving) the driven clutch and wont go. Even at wide open the motor wont build any RPM’s to get it going.

Is my driven clutch going bad?

I have a video but couldn’t post it. Kept saying invalid. It is a .mov on my iPhone and I don’t know how to change it.
Sounds to me like the drive clutch
isn't operating properly.
David Maner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:03 PM   #18
chrisp6108
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

sounds like its in the clutch, i think they make a rebuild kit with new springs for the clutch system, but im not 100% sure, id wait till one of the other members suggest the same thing.
chrisp6108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO