lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2017, 02:48 PM   #1
trtmntdude
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 12 volt or 6 volt?

Is there a performance difference between six 6volts and three deep cycle 12volt batteries? I am in a remote location and do not have access to 6volt batteries. I can, however, get three 12volt marine deep cycle.

I searched the forum and couldn't find anything. My apologies if this has been covered and I didn't look in the right place or long enough.

2006 36V EZ-GO TXT PDS W/Jakes lift kit
trtmntdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-27-2017, 02:57 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: 12 volt or 6 volt?

the three 12v batteries will not drive as far as the six 6v batteries
the 12v deep cell batteries will work but 1/2 what the 6 v batteries would do
Old 12-27-2017, 03:04 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

And "marine deep cycle" batteries are not golf cart batteries. They should last you between 1 year and 18 months. They aren't suitable for the job.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 03:29 PM   #4
trtmntdude
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, guys. I'm going to do my best to try and get some 6volt batteries barged down here to GTMO. Have to make due for now.
trtmntdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 06:43 PM   #5
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

I agree that you will want to go with Golf Cart batteries if you want the maximum range (run time) and the lowest overall cost per year (assuming you want this to run for a longer time period before having to replace the batteries).

Have a look at the following thread for information on various battery types : http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...volt-cart.html

Pay particular attentions to BobBoyce's comment about different battery types ... that explains the differences between battery types pretty well.
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 06:47 PM   #6
carbuilder
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I agree with the use of 6 volt batteries. I maintain a fleet of 80 golf carts. The 6 volt are far superior to the 12 volt.
carbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO