lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2018, 01:19 AM   #1
shorty102292
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Exclamation 92 marathon willnot roll over or start in reverse

just what the title says, i was cleaning off sidewalks today about halfway done and no more reverse! after spending 30min in -20 i got her off the snow pile where reverse quit. got it home and started looking into it. if i put it in forward and hit the pedal she'll start but not reverse (obliviously) but in reverse nothing not even rolling over? i jumped the pedal micro (the one in the pedal box) in reverse nothing.that's as far as i got too darned cold. trying to figure the F-N-R switch out and wondering if i can bypass it for now either using some 30amp 12v relays i have or a dpdt toggle some insight to help trouble shoot this would help i need this fixed ASAP i bought a sxs to replace the cart this year but i took on more accounts and need it to keep up!
shorty102292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2018, 06:49 AM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 92 marathon willnot roll over or start in reverse

Since this is a 2 stroke, you should use jumper cables from the battery to the starter to see if it will turn over in reverse.

I suspect brushes, but it could be a bad ground, or dirty lugs on the FnR switch.

Here is your wiring diagram. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...3pg-carts.html
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:16 AM   #3
shorty102292
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I got to messing with it this morning. When looking at the FNR, switch there are 2 micros the one on the reverse side is the culprit i'm assuming. If I connect the wires that lead to it together put it in reverse she starts. So i rigged it so I can use it today while parts come in the mail. Thanks For the response i did jump it at the starter before I tried this. I also removed the rubber piece and looked at the brushes they are on their way out. I ordered all the micros and brushes. Hopefully this will solve my problems for the remainder of the season. Next year the cart will officially be retired in favor of another 4x4 diesel Gator.
shorty102292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 05:04 PM   #4
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Keep this in mind.

The microswitch on the driver's side is for the reverse buzzer. It does nothing else.

The microswitch on the passenger side is called the neutral safety switch. It makes contact in both forward, and reverse. It is connected in series with the key, and pedal switches. All three have to make contact for the system to work.

1985, and older did not have the neutral safety switch. It can be eliminated. It's purpose is to prevent the engine from turning over with the FnR switch making only partial contact.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO