lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2018, 11:11 AM   #1
Bosgarage57
Not Yet Wild

Default New here looking at an EZGO Workhorse

Hello all, I am possibly looking at purchasing an 2000 ezgo workhorse, not sure on year. Seems to be in pretty good condition with electric dump bed, top, windshield and hitch. Owner says it needs a spark plug cable but no other issues. Tires looks a bit bad, any other issues I should look at when looking at it?
Bosgarage57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2018, 07:12 AM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: New here looking at an EZGO Workhorse

It's all in condition and price, I always look at the wear on the floor mat near the gas peddle for a hint of hours on it, a nice WH them years with the robins 2 cylinder motors are getting scarce. There should be a tinfoil tag on the frame in the middle of the engine compartment or stamped on top the frame above the passenger side rear wheel that will tell you the year. I would replace the cable to see if that's what ever the problem is before I bought it.

If you can't find the tag, a hint on the year would be whether it had built in head lights, steel or plastic bed.

This is a 2001 WH ST-350 (STs came stock w/4" lift).. Welcome to the board... SB

StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:01 AM   #3
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Here is mine LOL, i built this way back but still strong and reliable, i think it was a 2000 model but it is highly modified. again, like Stovebolts, it started life as a WH ST350, but it was modified to Mimic a Monster truck and still does the rounds at the Truck racing.

Things to look out for? Worn clutches (expensive) does it run well? start easy? rust.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00376.jpg (176.5 KB, 0 views)
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 05:36 AM   #4
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Nice Colin !!
Old 05-17-2018, 07:44 AM   #5
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Thanks Stovebolt. I eventually made several like this for some of the UK Monster truck race teams. Once they saw mine, they all wanted one. The good part was free entry into any monster truck event in the UK. It was a blast. i also built custom carts for several UK circuit racing teams etc. Luckily my shop was based at one of the UK's oldest race circuits."Brands Hatch" in Kent. I may be able to dig out some old pictures and post them up some time.

My Signature was at one of the Truck events at the Santa Pod drag strip where the trucks put on shows several times a year. That particular cart was used to haul a 20 foot trailer loaded with the huge truck wheels and tyres.

So, Bosgarage57, find a good one and keep it.

bear in mind, the basic work horses had the same front cowel as the TXT golf buffy and no lift. I think the 800 model had the 295cc engine and the 1200 model had the 350cc engine, so look out for that one for more torque. They both also had i believe the 28 degree rear clutch to apply more torque to the wheels. So look for either a workhorse 1200 or an ST 350. all the running gear, frame front body and steering is all compatible with TXT carts so spares and accessories are abundant. you can fit an ST cowel to a TXT or Workhorse with a few rivets and a couple of hours time. Most lift kits etc for TXT will fit either. The only main difference is the 1200 and St models have a stretched frame and the TXT rear body will not fit.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:52 AM   #6
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Brands Hatch.. cool.

Old 05-17-2018, 10:58 AM   #7
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Lol. My old shop is just out of the picture. Bottom center, there are four grey roofed buildings, to the right of them are four more. Mine was the last on the right immediately in front of the small cart circuit. Wish we were still there but the recession hit us hard.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:04 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

2000 workhorse
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0496.jpg (108.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2648.jpg (94.3 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 03:15 PM   #9
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

if he is saying it runs bad because it needs a spark plug! I would not buy it till I put a plug in it and see how it runs!

How many vehicles have been sold saying it just needs a set of plugs! and it turns out the engine is shot!
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:48 PM   #10
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Agreed with gearhead if was as simple as a spark plug wire they would put it in and sell a good running cart if it is truly the issue
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO