lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2018, 06:18 PM   #21
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Cart only running half speed full charge?

Here it is in complete detail...

Easy
(With the carts Run/Tow switch in the "Run" position and brake Off) Push the vehicle manually forwards or backwards for several feet. The "Roll-Away" brake should become active and you will feel resistance to the movement along with beeping from the reverse buzzer. If you do not get beeping and resistance, your speed sensor has failed and needs to be replaced. Get one here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/motors

Involved
With a DVM, place the black (–) probe on the battery main pack Negative post and place the red (+) probe on the green wire between the 3-pin connector and the motor speed sensor. Raise one rear wheel off ground. Slowly turn the rear wheel to rotate the motor. As the motor rotates, the voltage reading should alternate from 0vdc to approximately 4.85vdc. The voltage reading will fluctuate from zero to 4.85vdc and back to zero four (4) times for each complete revolution of the motor. (The voltage reading of 4.85vdc is an approximate reading; the actual reading may vary from 4.50vdc to 5.00vdc). Replace the speed sensor if there is no voltage reading, voltage reading is not above 3.50vdc, or the voltage reading does not fluctuate as the motor is turned. Get one here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/motors
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2018, 06:30 PM   #22
Winyah
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Here it is in complete detail...

Easy
(With the carts Run/Tow switch in the "Run" position and brake Off) Push the vehicle manually forwards or backwards for several feet. The "Roll-Away" brake should become active and you will feel resistance to the movement along with beeping from the reverse buzzer. If you do not get beeping and resistance, your speed sensor has failed and needs to be replaced. Get one here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/motors

Involved
With a DVM, place the black (–) probe on the battery main pack Negative post and place the red (+) probe on the green wire between the 3-pin connector and the motor speed sensor. Raise one rear wheel off ground. Slowly turn the rear wheel to rotate the motor. As the motor rotates, the voltage reading should alternate from 0vdc to approximately 4.85vdc. The voltage reading will fluctuate from zero to 4.85vdc and back to zero four (4) times for each complete revolution of the motor. (The voltage reading of 4.85vdc is an approximate reading; the actual reading may vary from 4.50vdc to 5.00vdc). Replace the speed sensor if there is no voltage reading, voltage reading is not above 3.50vdc, or the voltage reading does not fluctuate as the motor is turned. Get one here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/motors
Thanks! I’ll try this out. I looked in the website does the high speed magnet give you that much more speed? Thought about getting that too while I’m at it. Not sure what it means by IQ system though
Winyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:58 PM   #23
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Your Precedent in an IQ cart.

The magnets are ok and will increase speed, but you will loose your regen. I prefer SP4 as I like me regen capabilities.....
Old 06-01-2018, 11:49 PM   #24
Winyah
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Your Precedent in an IQ cart.

The magnets are ok and will increase speed, but you will loose your regen. I prefer SP4 as I like me regen capabilities.....
Guessing sp4 you’re talking about speed sensor setting? When the guy checked mine today he said it was already set to 4. I haven’t had it done nor do I think the guy I bought it from did. But I did bypass the obc would that cause it to default to 4 maybe? Either way before I had this sensor problem it was only going around 14 mph so if it is set to 4 it should have been doing around 19 so don’t get that one.
Old 06-02-2018, 01:54 PM   #25
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

That is correct, you should be getting 19.x mph with speed code 4. The speed you quoted is more like SP 3 which is standard or settable without having to pay extra. SP 4, also known as Private code is not permissible on golf courses and is why it is not able to be changed without purchasing the code from Club Car.

Your speed sensor would not change your speed code, but if it failed, it would put you in "limp" mode and be about half speed.
Old 06-02-2018, 02:20 PM   #26
Winyah
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
That is correct, you should be getting 19.x mph with speed code 4. The speed you quoted is more like SP 3 which is standard or settable without having to pay extra. SP 4, also known as Private code is not permissible on golf courses and is why it is not able to be changed without purchasing the code from Club Car.

Your speed sensor would not change your speed code, but if it failed, it would put you in "limp" mode and be about half speed.
Well I replaced the speed sensor and it worked. Goes about 16.5 which is faster than before but still not 19mph. It has stock tires and wheels. Maybe 19 with bigger tires? Either way I’m happy with it and appreciate all the help in getting my cart going! Ended up paying $95 for a new one at local shop. Btw you’re not that bad of help for a Noles fan.... GO TIGERS!!!!
Old 06-02-2018, 03:42 PM   #27
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winyah View Post
Btw you’re not that bad of help for a Noles fan.... GO TIGERS!!!!
Now you tell me who you are....

Glad it worked out (And SP 4 at 19.x mph is with sock tires and trim) But it requires a full (strong) pack. If your pack is weak, you will not reach it...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car