lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2018, 06:56 PM   #21
Jonathan08
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart only goes 5mph

So if I am missing the clip for the magnet could that give me a speed sensor problem and slow the cart down?
Jonathan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2018, 07:34 PM   #22
Jonathan08
Not Yet Wild

Just completed the volt test and we got 0-5 readings over and over as we pushed the cart very very slowly. What does that mean now? Lol.
Old 06-30-2018, 09:28 PM   #23
Jonathan08
Not Yet Wild

Cart has been fixed. We took out the new speed sensor we put in last week and put the old sensor back in and the cart is going 20 MPH!!! Thank you to everyone on this forum. You guys rock and were so helpful throughout the entire 2 week process. I’ll post a play by play of what we went through later. But just know that bc of you guys we got this cart moving again. Thanks so much.
Old 07-01-2018, 04:19 PM   #24
Jonathan08
Not Yet Wild

The following is a complete run down of what we went through with this cart. Going to try and keep this brief:
1. Bad solenoid
2. Bad Solenoid Driver on Controller.
3. Someone had “jack-legged” the cart by putting a jumper wire on the small solenoid terminals just to put the cart in limp mode and bypass the Bad Solenoid Driver on the controller and sell the cart to someone like me who knew nothing about carts and sell it as a cart that hadn’t been charged in a week. **Lesson learned: Make sure you tell the seller you want a full charge on the cart before you get there and test drive it. **
4. We replaced the speed sensor on the advice of someone but that turned out not to be the problem. In fact we put the old speed sensor back on to get the cart running bc we evidently got a bad new speed sensor.
**Had we not used the wiring diagram that was given to us by a forum user we would have never tracked down the extra jumper on the solenoid and we would have replaced all these parts and still been in limp mode.**
Bc of this experience and this forum I now feel decently confident on how my cart functions and how to diagnose several problems that could arise. Thanks again to everyone who helped us get through this whole ordeal. You guys are awesome.

Tags
2001, 36 volt, ezgo, pds, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO