lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2018, 11:54 AM   #21
bubba4dad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 Ez-Go TXT, PDS 36 volt - Complete Upgrade to 48 volt - BUILD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Could be because the Speed Limit (max RPM) is set to the same value for all three users, or it could be the motor will only spin 5200RPM with a 48V battery pack when turning 23" tires.

Get the laptop connected and look at how the different users are programmed.
Hopefully THIS IS NOT THE CASE.

I just spent $2,700 on new everything to upgrade to 48 volts. I will feel a little misguided if that turns out to be the case.

If that were the case it seems like I would have needed a different motor. One that would have enough HP to turn the tires.

At this point, I am not concerned about the top speed as much as I am at not having 3 different speed settings.

That is why in my original post this am, I asked Scottyb if the controller came pre programmed to the three different settings.
bubba4dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2018, 12:43 PM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba4dad View Post
Hopefully THIS IS NOT THE CASE.

I just spent $2,700 on new everything to upgrade to 48 volts. I will feel a little misguided if that turns out to be the case.

If that were the case it seems like I would have needed a different motor. One that would have enough HP to turn the tires.

At this point, I am not concerned about the top speed as much as I am at not having 3 different speed settings.

That is why in my original post this am, I asked Scottyb if the controller came pre programmed to the three different settings.
The only way to know if your controller is programmed for three different user settings is connect a laptop and look at them.

Even though the tires are 5" taller than what the cart is designed for and reduced the amount of linear force applied where rubber meets road by 21.7%, or more depending on max recommended inflation pressure, the Admiral B2 still propels a cart designed for no more than about 20 MPH without being lifted at 28.4 MPH, so the B2 motor isn't lacking in HP.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 04:53 PM   #23
VanillaXtract
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I have the same setup and I am getting 31 mph. What is going on with the program? I have also noticed that the ML3 doesn't seem to change how the cart operates despite verifying the settings on a laptop.
VanillaXtract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 06:02 PM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I have an early production XCT (5/19/2015 build date) that doesn't have J3-J4-J5, so I only have one user mode and I'm not familiar with how a ML3 operates, other than it a a key operated three position switch and is supposed to select one of the three user modes.

Can one or both of you post screen captures from Toolkit showing the settings for each of the three user modes?

Also, when viewing Controller Settings screen in Toolkit, does mode highlighted change when ML3 switch is switched through the three different positions?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 04:44 PM   #25
bubba4dad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ok, I have downloaded the program, hooked it up to the controller and everything I can see looks to be correct as far as the three different settings. I saved the file and attached it to here so hopefully someone can help me.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Config.txt (2.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-26-2018, 05:09 PM   #26
bubba4dad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

How many pole speed sensor is in the Admiral B2 motor?

The contoller is set to 8 pole.
Old 07-27-2018, 12:06 AM   #27
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hello all, Bubba, I have the same set up you do or at least very close. 1997 txt converted to 48 volts xct 48500 ...... looks alot like your list in the first post.
Scotty did a great job setting me up, the cart runs great, the three speed function switch "worked" great until I started messing around with the throttle curve and after an update. I was trying to set the throttle curve so it would be a nice slow don't snap your neck..., anyway I made some changes hit the set button. At the bottom left corner of the screen there was no blue progress bar, In writing it said setting settings to controller. Then the computer beeped said failed to set settings to controller the screen flashed the throttle curve, then was just the tool kit program with nothing showing from my controller. I Turned everything off. Turned everything on and all the changes I made were there BUT the FNKS no longer worked all three settings operated as if in sport mode. Now the part where everyone will slap there forehead and shake there head. In the tool kit top of the screen left side under controller I hit reset, yep frustrated I'm going to have to call tech support anyway, the computer beeped nothing else just a beep. Humm so I chose restore defaults, a window came up asking if I wanted to keep the motor field map I said yes. Something at the bottom left about resetting defaults and setting set to controller. All three FNKS normal 1 and 2 were changed so I reset each one one at a time hit set no blue scroll bar but said setting settings to controller then beeped and said settings set to controller did this three times for normal 1 and 2 went for a test drive and everything worked like it should. Now tomorrow I am going to try and load the settings I saved from Scotty and see what happens.
PuttPutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 05:20 PM   #28
bubba4dad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I kind of side tracked this thread a little as I wasnt getting any reponse on the number of poles in the motor speed feedback.

see this other thread as well.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1525666
Old 07-27-2018, 06:00 PM   #29
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

maybe one of the Moderators can delete my rambling post above so it dosn't interfere with your build thread.
PuttPutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 12:09 PM   #30
JigginJim77
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba4dad View Post
I kind of side tracked this thread a little as I wasnt getting any reponse on the number of poles in the motor speed feedback.

see this other thread as well.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1525666
Per Scottyb
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
4 pole
All Admiral motors are 4 pole.
Most all OEM motors are 8 pole
I hope this helps
JigginJim77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO