lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2018, 11:11 AM   #1
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Another speed guestion

New here and still reading thru post sucking in info.
Have a 2012 EZGO txt series,pls,48 volt. I’ve read threads about the different modes of speed/performance available. Am I correct that I can use jumper plugs or chips on the speed controller as they have been referred to to change from freedom,,all terrain,mild or steep hill to enter these options (But only if the options have been first unlocked with a pass key. Once done using different jumper plugs work for changing modes of operation, or are these jumper option effective on t
He cart as is.
Thanks😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2018, 08:38 PM   #2
Dan33Klein
Getting Wild

Default Re: Another speed guestion

Wire jumper “chips” are for the PDS models.
The only was to enable freedom mode on the txt 48s is at the dealer or a handheld Curtis programmer. Bob Boyce helped me with mine. I’m getting 22mph on 20.5” tires. Upgrading to 2 gauge cables tomorrow. Any faster than that your looking at an aftermarket controller

Good luck
Dan33Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:28 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The jumpers are only for 36v PDS models.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:21 PM   #4
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for clearing that up for me��
Old 09-23-2018, 07:35 PM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan33Klein View Post
Wire jumper “chips” are for the PDS models.
The only was to enable freedom mode on the txt 48s is at the dealer or a handheld Curtis programmer. Bob Boyce helped me with mine. I’m getting 22mph on 20.5” tires. Upgrading to 2 gauge cables tomorrow. Any faster than that your looking at an aftermarket controller

Good luck
Actually, it takes a computer, software, and interface to set Freedom mode without a passkey, the Curtis handheld is rather limited in what it can do to improve performance with the TXT48. I'm back from South Carolina now...

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 07:45 PM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra,1 View Post
New here and still reading thru post sucking in info.
Have a 2012 EZGO txt series,pls,48 volt. I’ve read threads about the different modes of speed/performance available. Am I correct that I can use jumper plugs or chips on the speed controller as they have been referred to to change from freedom,,all terrain,mild or steep hill to enter these options (But only if the options have been first unlocked with a pass key. Once done using different jumper plugs work for changing modes of operation, or are these jumper option effective on t
He cart as is.
Thanks😊
The 2012 TXT48 can have its stock controller reprogrammed for a bit more power and speed than just Freedom Mode alone can provide. I can set Freedom Mode and do that reprogramming, if you remove your controller and mail it to me. It'll cost you round trip postal fees, $13.65 each way. First off, let us know where you are located. There may be someone close to you that might be able to help you.

If you want more than the programming can provide, I would suggest you buy an aftermarket Alltrax controller from one of the Sponsors here on the forum.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:49 PM   #7
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Bob thank you for the generous offer and reply.
I will attemp to ride it around this weekend assuming rain stops and see just how fast it goes via gps.
Beings the cart is new to me along with carts in general. I’m not looking for more then freedom mode 19 mph. Plenty fast for us while camping.
I will post backmy speed
I’m in Maryland fwiw
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO