lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2018, 10:23 PM   #1
Atrivett
Not Yet Wild

Default Charger cords

Will it hurt the charger if I put a new cord on it? I need it longer to reach a plug for the winter. I was thinking about buying a good outdoor extension cord and installing. Any info will be helpful.
Atrivett is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-29-2018, 10:28 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Charger cords

The charge cord or the AC power cord?

How long does it need to be?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 10:28 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

They are used all the time. Just make sure you have the proper gauge for the distance and amperage.... In other words don't use a little 16 gauge extension cord.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 11:27 PM   #4
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just run 20 feet of 2/0AWG wire and you’ll be fine! 1/2 inch thick wire should be plenty! You could even just hook the charger directly up to the power pole if you use that gauge of wire and cut out the plug hassle.....hahahha
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 11:53 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Depends where you are but the supply lines that run down the street are usually 480v. I suppose if you had a 10:1 transformer you could just charge straight off the grid if you don’t get cooked trying to hook it up.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:04 AM   #6
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Depends where you are but the supply lines that run down the street are usually 480v. I suppose if you had a 10:1 transformer you could just charge straight off the grid if you don’t get cooked trying to hook it up.
No risk no reward though right??? Hahahaha. 2/0AWG wire to and from the transformer wired directly to the pack.....ultra fast charging too......hahahaha
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car