lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2019, 01:32 AM   #1
wildcat8150
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default What motor do I have

Hey Guys, I have a 2007 ACG Hummer 48v and might get a new motor, to go with a new controller that melted which is a different post. The motor only has a sticker on it saying Wolf performance from California. and nothing else, no model # or HP . It is a series motor with only 4 wire bolts of the same size. I have sent ACG an email but no response yet. So how can I tell what motor will bolt up I've heard it was similar to CC precedent but wanted some prof. help Thanks
wildcat8150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2020, 05:30 PM   #2
abreadner
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: What motor do I have

I have the same cart and am also looking at replacing the motor. Did you ever find the original supplier or determine if a CC Precident motor would work for you?
abreadner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 06:02 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What motor do I have

Hi Guys. These 2 carts are low number customs built on somebody else's platform. IF the frame is aluminum then CC is likely what you have. They could be series or sepex (Precedent) the easiest way to tell is the sepex motor will have a pig tail of 3 small wires on the end of the motor while a series motor will not.
Series motor will have 4 terminals all the same size possibly marked A1 A2 S1 S2
Sepex motor will have big size studs marked A1 A2 and 2 slightly smaller studs marked F1 F2

Both motors should have a standard CC 10 spline coupler.

Of course the smartest thing to do is to remove the motor and count the splines before ordering.

I hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 11:06 AM   #4
KeithArtic

Default What motor do I have

Ive removed the bell from the motor, but have I got to remove the stator from the printed circuit board for rewinding of the wire ?
How can it be done Should I force it out ?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts