lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2019, 10:34 PM   #21
txbuggieman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 36v ezgo help needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I'd remove the FNR and open it up and visually inspect the contacts. Look for sunken contacts that are below the plastic that holds them. If they are dirty, you can clean them up, and reassemble. Use dielectric grease or Vaseline and tighten the center nut pretty snugly. If the contacts are sunken into the plastic or pitted or at an angle - not flat and straight - you need to replace.

Intermittent problems are a b!tch to find. The Molex took me a while to find on mine. I could just barely bump it and it would change states from not running to running. Is the center nut on your FNR tight enough? When it doesn't go, does it throw out any LED code, besides the initial blink code for throttle type? Have you checked pack voltage when it doesn't go?

Beyond that, there are several troubleshooting guides in the Stickies. Try the throttle test first. If the solenoid always clicks, the only other low current - wires vs. cables - thing that could prevent you from going is the ITS, and you eliminated a common problem with the Molex.

Checking voltage here:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...e-testing.html

should either move your search from wires to cables, or identify a bad controller.
I think tomorrow I'll pull the F/R switch and see what it looks like, hopefully I can find something there. I did just replace the ITS the day before starting this thread thinking that was my issue.

I haven't seen any other green lights except for when I throttle up. Pack V haven't changed, they were just shy of 39 this morning off the charge, and down to 37.6 this afternoon after driving around a little bit. Each individual battery tests good as well. My battery cables are brand new and all terminals were cleaned when installed

I'll do some more searching around though the stickies and other threads and see if I come across some more ideas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
txbuggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2019, 10:15 PM   #22
txbuggieman
Not Yet Wild

Here are some pics of the F/R switch, maybe someone here can see something off. A couple of the terminals look questionable to me, but I am no expert at this

Old 05-27-2019, 11:21 AM   #23
txbuggieman
Not Yet Wild

Could this switch be the cause of the intermittent problem? Maybe it's been overheated enough that makes it cut out?

Old 05-27-2019, 11:43 AM   #24
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Possible. I'd remove contacts and clean with ScotchBright pad or fine emory clots, grease with dielectric grease or Vaseline, reassemble and tighten center nut pretty snug. Hopefully that will eliminate the problem.

BTW, it looks pretty good. I don't see any evidence of overheating or pitting.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 08:15 PM   #25
txbuggieman
Not Yet Wild

So just an update, I did as recommended and cleaned all the contacts and terminals really good, almost looked brand new. Assembled it all back together and tightened it up. A couple of my batteries were low on fluid l, so I topped everything off and gave it a good charge.

So far it has been running without any problems. I was even brave enough to go a couple miles down the road and back, let it sit, came back and it still takes off.

So I'm hoping that was my problem and it's been resolved. Thanks everyone for the input and help.

Now I'm gonna do a little searching around here and find out how to get just a little more speed out of this thing

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO