lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2019, 08:11 PM   #1
Joe S
Not Yet Wild

Default 2009 rxv issue with curtis controller kit

Customer brought me a 2009 rxv that will not run, cart has a Curtis 1206ac-5203 controller kit on it, wanting to know if the code reader will work properly with it being a conversion before I invest in a code reader meter. Trouble shooting without one I have gotten a few readings that are off but not sure if that is because of the conversion. Ser# on cart 5031900
Joe S is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2019, 08:25 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2009 rxv issue with curtis controller kit

The old Danaher programmer won't work, and cannot be made to work with a Curtis controller. If the conversion included a harness adapter, there will be a plug for the programmer in the direct area of the controller. It will be either a white 4-pin square Molex plug, or a black round Tyco plug. Either plug will have a rubber cap to protect the terminals. The plug under the cupholder is never where a programmer plugs in with Curtis controllers.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 10:10 PM   #3
Joe S
Not Yet Wild

The conversion does have the adapter block plug and also has I believe the tyco plug, My concern was if I get a Curtis code reader is it going to give me accurate readings with this set up seeing it doesn't have the resistor control module set up on it now. when I did the encoder ohms test it was correct but when I did the 5v voltage test it was not what the manual says it was 2.5v then when I rotated the tires the voltage never increased, that makes me believe the encoder is bad but wasn't sure because it's not a stock setup, which is why I was asking if the Curtis code reader is going to give me accurate data with it being a conversion, Thanks for any input::
Old 05-30-2019, 10:37 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yep, it'll tell you what it thinks is wrong. The "resistor control module" is part of the controller with the Curtis. You do have the resistor coil hooked up, correct?

614029 is the part number for the adapter from molex to Tyco. The programmer only comes with the molex.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 11:11 PM   #5
Joe S
Not Yet Wild

Yeah the resistor coil is hook up, that's what I figured the resistor control module was probably built into the Curtis controller with the difference in the plugs, I'm still doing tests on componetts but so far they are all testing ok. Brake swtich, accel, sensor & swtich, ect. It did have a bad solenoid,I replaced it. Now what the cart does is when you turn the key on sounds like it starts doing the self sys checks then when I press down on the accel. pedal it will turn the wheels about 1-2 turns real slow and then quits, I'm not sure if that is the motor fwd/rev check or what.

Tags
will code reader work
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO