lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2019, 01:08 PM   #21
MattH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: First Golf Car - G14

Changed my oil today and the dip stick always read full before the change. What I took out was definitely more than a quart. I’m hoping this was the cause for my oil soaked air filter and NOT blow by. The dipstick reads about halfway in the hash marks now after the new quart fill. Is this okay? Also I think my belt is slipping bad now. Just started from a mid take off and makes a whirr noise as if the rubber teeth are gliding across then bang it catches.
MattH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2019, 01:35 PM   #22
1arunem
Gone Wild

Most people assume you have to fill the oil up to the 'full' mark. However, with a lifted cart (which I assume yours is) the engine is on a 'tilt'... This will give a false reading..

ONLY add one qt. That is factory spec.

And the oil being up to the full mark (actually well over full) previous to your servicing it is very likely the cause of oil in your filter.

I bought a 2012 a few months back that was lifted and up to the full mark, it also was full of oil in the air filter housing... Drained and refilled with 1qt (10w30) and no more issues..
1arunem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 02:16 PM   #23
MattH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Thanks, I’m leaving it alone at 1qt. I’m taking the belts off now and going to get new ones. Hopefully that solves my issue. Here are some updates pics of my sheaves with the belt off.

Old 07-03-2019, 04:43 PM   #24
MattH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

New belts installed. What’s the break in process, never owned a CVT. It shuttered one time but seems to climb the hills better other than the carb popping!
Old 07-03-2019, 08:36 PM   #25
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Sheaves on the primary look a little worn but not bad.

As for break in process... drive it like you stole it lol. Itll work itself out as you drive :)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:20 PM   #26
MattH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Like I stole it haha, not an issue! Again thanks for sharing the knowledge. Your right sheave feels a little wavy but it will be alright for another couple miles.
Old 07-06-2019, 01:18 PM   #27
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

If the carb is popping, take it off and clean it out really good. It might have some gunk in a jet or two.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 06:48 PM   #28
MattH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I took it apart and had quite a bit of black in. Since the oil was a little over fill I believe that may have been an issue. Oil is at proper level now. Carb is still popping a bit. Previous owner “adjusted” the throttle so the plate stays open for instant throttle response. It needs to be properly adjusted. Not sure if power surge from carb popping but rear seems to shutter now under very low throttle. This is also when the carb pops. Wide open throttle is fine.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:41 PM   #29
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Definitely adjust it. The throttle plate should rest completely closed when you release the pedal. If it rests open it can cause it to backfire and "diesel" when you stop.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 10:17 PM   #30
MattH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I will try to adjust. Any tips with doing it with the carb still bolted up? Kinda hard to see the throttle plate with it bolted up. I can hear the click in the throttle pedal before the actual wire moves but I guess the plate could still be open before I hit the throttle? I does backfire now and it “dieseled” on me the other day. Kept putting for a while before shutting off.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha