lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2020, 08:54 AM   #21
gotti
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Oil pump cover and o ring.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
Did you mount the gauge in key switch plate ? and which gauge did you buy ? I drill a 2 inch hole in mine and install the electrical gauge.
Now for the other people that never look at gauge it might help to have both, light and gauge.
It don't take much to trash one of these MCI heads because like CP241 said it is hard to figure out how the cam gets oil to begin with.
I built a custom dash and mounted my gauges. I'll have to get a picture the next time I'm at my workshop. There might be a picture somewhere in my build thread but it has been a while since I updated the thread, so I'm not sure. (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/road-...ck-pinion.html) The gauge I bought is: Equus 6244 2" Mechanical Oil Pressure Gauge, Black.
gotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2020, 10:13 PM   #22
Blind Old Coot
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Recieved a " Measureman " 1 1/2 inch oil pressure gauge with 1/8 NPT threads. Zero to 60 psi. Put a small extension and a coupling and just threaded into the port...and here I sit. No parts from EZGO.

Interested in seeing what kind of numbers it makes.
Blind Old Coot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 11:16 PM   #23
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Don't keep us waiting long long - interested in the pressure results. Wish you well
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 07:23 PM   #24
Blind Old Coot
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Okay, got tired of waiting for EZGO and come to find out it will be TWO months because it's on back order.....

So..... used a piece of 1/8 aluminum and made a cover for her...

Pressure came on right away....with coil disconnected so it won't start....

The pressure gauge says 35 psi....

I'm on board with fairtax4me that my cover is shot. But at least I know...

Need to put enough parts back on to run it , cooling fan especially.
Old 02-07-2020, 07:40 PM   #25
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I've still got a spare, maybe two if you need one. I'll just have to look and find it/them
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 07:22 AM   #26
Blind Old Coot
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

CP241, I would need a bigger barn if I had a portion of would you have offered to other members that I have witnessed by reading these forums through your generosity..

I ran the machine a half an hour through the snow, and it was dark out but everything seems good. This morning, it didn't puddle on the ground....no oil leaks....

Oil pressure varied with RPM. A little past idle was doing about 45psi all the way to 60 psi.. took a minute to get the air out of since gauge in plumbed in on an angle.

Interesting side note. Now that it running, the gas gauge gasket is leaking and found a 2 inch bung fitting gasket from a plastic barrel that worked perfectly....just in case you need one....I have a couple of extra ones....

Can I at least pay you for shipping?

Has anyone found a good/LED replacement for workhorse headlights ? They are a odd size...3.5 x5.5 inches.. don't really want to cut up the cowl to accommodate anything bigger.

Thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200208_060543.jpg (155.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-08-2020, 08:07 AM   #27
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Has anyone found a good/LED replacement for workhorse headlights ? They are a odd size...3.5 x5.5 inches.. don't really want to cut up the cowl to accommodate anything bigger.

Thank you[/QUOTE]
I wish but nothing is out there. I just bought two new ones two week ago from the amazon warehouse but of course they are not LED.
Grand Total:
$81.98. They are no longer listed for that low price which really is not really that low for headlights but I had no choice at the time . They are now listed much higher They were exactly the same as OEM so I am happy. I actually think they were OEM to be honest.
Heck, I don't plan on driving at night anyway but I sure didn't want two empty holes on my cowl
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 08:17 AM   #28
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Old Coot View Post

Thank you
I might have something in my bag of tricks for you here too. I've got a spare mpt1200 cowl nobody has claimed yet. It did not come with factory headlights so it's got metal plates where the headlights should go. If they come out I'll stick them in the box with the oil pump stuff. You could cut a hole in them and mount something like this.

I've never tried these specifically but used many of the same brand (nilight) light bars. They're cheap, super bright, and good quality. I've never had one fail or burn out any led's. even if they did, at that price who really cares. Just get a new one lol

https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-Drivi.../dp/B00J5AAX5S
Old 02-08-2020, 08:21 AM   #29
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Trig already stole the marker lights but these are the plates. Haven't looked to see how they're mounted, but you could also use some ABS plastic or something and make one pretty easily.

These were spray painted, as was the rest of the cowl. But that's easy to return to black.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...131_181452.jpg
Old 02-08-2020, 10:11 AM   #30
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Shes boxed up with both of the headlight plates. Ready to go :) I just pulled this one off the cover, couldnt find my other one that was already removed. It's got some swirling (they all do) but the pump was stuck to it pretty good so shoul be flat and fine. I put the oil pump and o ring in there as well, just in case. :)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO