lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2020, 01:53 PM   #11
kellett5261
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EzGo Big block upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
It's a pre-MCI motor. Emissions label says it's a 2000 or 2001. That all fits the pre-MCI motors are way better than the newer MCI motors IMO.

But the motor is irrelevant. You can put a 96 motor in a 2007with no problems. The biggest (and probably only) factor is the shift cables and rear end. You can identify which you have by the shifter cables. 2 cables is 2001 or OLDER. 1 cable is a 2001 or NEWER. When doing a big block you either need longer cables for the 2 cable setup, they're about 6" too short. Or if a newer cart you need an adapter to modify the mount for the shift cable becauae it comes in from the top and would interfere with the exhaust and clutches/belts.

Aside from the shift cables, the engine cradle and other parts fit all years of carts. Just look at your cables and pick which kit fits based on that.
i am only seeing 1 cable for the shift linkage. ( see photos )

i was told this was the best engine, i may keep it and do something with it later or part out the good parts to pay for the big block & parts.
kellett5261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2020, 02:07 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Get the 2001 and newer kit

That's a much better design than the older cables.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 05:33 PM   #13
kellett5261
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

i ordered it ! hopefully i get it soon
Old 04-07-2020, 06:33 PM   #14
kellett5261
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

So who is looking for OEM parts for a 295 engine ? i have everything is great condition. motor is going to have to be rebuilt FYI. but i have it all. LMK what you need.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:42 AM   #15
kellett5261
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Well if anyone wants to see out with the old and in with the new then see attached.

it wasn't to bad ripping out the old 295, i think my hardest part was taking my diamond plate floor panels off so i could get the factory nut off the factory swing arm. other than my kid losing one of u bolts, everything bolted right up.

Great kit from Vegas carts. i just finished removing the governor and fuel shut off from the motor last night. just need to take the factory key switch off so i can drop in the motor.

i'll add more pictures as the motor goes in and wired up. hopefully i can drive it this weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg motor.jpg (92.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg swing arm.jpg (115.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg engine plate.jpg (97.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg predator.jpg (90.5 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO