lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2020, 09:34 AM   #11
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G-16 help

For some reason videos aren't posting properly since the site crashed. Not sure what the issue is. But when you post a youtube link you just remove the "s" from "https". You did it right, somethings just messed up with the site right now.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2020, 10:24 AM   #12
Bubsbuggie
Gone Wild

Here is a video of full rev or 5000 RPMS rather. Let me know if you see anything wrong. Trying to get the cart to move smoothly. Also I was just thinking I have room for a bigger clutch. Would it be worth wild to get a 8.5 or even 9.5 inch clutch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G3LC5NyHDY
Bubsbuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 10:54 AM   #13
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Looks normal to me. I don't know if a larger clutch with run any smoother, they will just give you more rpm to the secondary, which means more top end speed.

What is the cart doing that isn't smooth?
Old 05-17-2020, 10:55 PM   #14
Bubsbuggie
Gone Wild

Well.......When I am sitting in Neutral and want to put it into gear (F/R) Forward or Reverse it doesn't matter it goes into gear just fine. The cart just sits there and doesn't move. I have to push the gas pedal quite a bit it seems - close to 1800 -2000 RPMs. Then the cart just takes off (I mean it literally jumps off the line as if I am racing). After the start everything works as it should. I would like it to operate more like a car - meaning that when I let off the brake pedal the cart would creep. Actually I wished it would just sit still and not move until I give it a little gas and then creep. What is my problem? How do i fix it? Secondary Spring??
Old 05-18-2020, 06:32 AM   #15
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
Another point is how linear is your gas pedal to carb throttle plate. Are you using the full travel of the pedal ?
How is your throttle linkage set up? I think that's where your problem is. On mine, the OEM cable from the pedal goes directly to the carb throttle plate. 100% open when the pedal is on the floor. My CV Tech primary and OEM secondary have worked flawlessly since 2012.

Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 09:55 AM   #16
Bubsbuggie
Gone Wild

Wow mine is almost identical to yours. I dont think throttle linkage is the problem. Again the cart just sits there when in gear at idle which is 1100 rpms. When I give it gas to about 1800 RPMs it just takes off. This leads me to believe that the cart isnt supposed to go anywhere until a certian RPM or presssure somewhere is reached. Here are some pics and videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bH-LxYh3nA
Attached Images
File Type: jpg throttle7.jpg (103.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg throttle6.jpg (143.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg throttle5.jpg (98.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-18-2020, 12:00 PM   #17
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I'm thinking that primary clutch needs calibrated. It sounds like it's got a harsh engagement at 1800, I can see in the video it kinda has a little bit of a "jump" in it's initial movement when it starts to close.

I'm finding all kinds of info online about that clutch. Where did you get it? CPP? Call whoever sold you the clutch and describe the issue. Maybe there is a quick fix? Maybe it's defective?

After some research, it appears that those clutches are adjustable and you can get different springs and weights to allow the clutch to operate differently based on you needs.

Here's a video of how one is put together. I would suggest contacting the dealer you got the clutch from and ask for softer springs and or heavier weights. Tell them you want "softer" or "smoother" engagement at a lower rpm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu1wHxevyOQ
Old 05-18-2020, 12:21 PM   #18
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

American Landmaster also uses this clutch. Here is a manual they offer for disassembly and cleaning.

https://americanlandmaster.com/pdfs/...202-20660).pdf
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CV Tech Cleaning Procedure (2-20662 & 2-20660).pdf (989.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-18-2020, 12:23 PM   #19
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I have also been reading that those clutches seem to get reviews about being "grabby" at first, and that they need to "break in". This is not uncommon with some clutch designs. Maybe you just need to go drive the snot out of it and put some hours on it to break it in?
Old 05-18-2020, 05:00 PM   #20
Bubsbuggie
Gone Wild

Slonoma, Thanks Man I will make some phone calls tomorrow. So how does your guys cart work? Barely push the gas and it creeps? You can see in my 1st video of the clutch engagement Where the 2 sheaves make contact with the belt is this ideally when the cart starts to propel?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha