lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2020, 11:33 AM   #1
Macdoctor56
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Yamaha G22 rear end noise

Last night I let a friends wife take my Yamaha g22 gas cart for a ride. She came back about 20 minutes later, parked it then went to bed. I jump on it to leave and now I have this crazy growling noise coming from the drivers side rear end. I dont see and obstructions or anything obvious to why it would all of a sudden start growling like that. Its also vibrating pretty bad. I just got the cart on Monday and its been running beautifully, any help would be deeply appreciated.
Macdoctor56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2020, 08:58 AM   #2
Macdoctor56
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Yamaha G22 rear end noise

The more I look the more I think its coming from somewhere in the motor. I checked the motor mounts and theyre all fine, not sure what it is.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:54 AM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Honestly it could be just about anything. It's difficult for us on a forum to say what it is without hearing or seeing it.

Could you post a good video of the cart running so we could hear it?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 12:00 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

To isolate the noise, remove the drive belt & run the engine. Since the transmission wont be hooked up, any noises didnt come from the transmission. .
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 08:11 PM   #5
Macdoctor56
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I removed the drive belt and it was loaded with grease, my fault. I greased the clutch and put way to much in and it got on the belt. I went through a whole can of carb cleaner getting all that off the clutch, secondary clutch and belt. I think my problems not the motor at all, I think my brake is handing up. I can be going full speed and let off the pedal and it stops within 10-15' without even pushing the bake petal down. Its been so hot I haven't worked on it yet, Im out at my campground without a garage with at least some kind of air in it. I'll post what I find when I look at it.
Old 07-07-2020, 09:59 AM   #6
Macdoctor56
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I don't know what the hell this girl did to my cart. The noise went away but my carts only going about half speed. When Im driving and let go of the gas it only rolls around 10' tops, i don't even have to use the brake and it stops.
Old 07-07-2020, 11:17 AM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Sounds like the brake is stuck on. See if you can pull up on the brake pedal. If it's stiff and doesn't want to move freely, it might be time to check the brake cables. It also could be hung up back at the wheels.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha