lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2020, 04:32 PM   #31
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 97 gas EZGO low power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcmeadows View Post
Got the oil leak worked out. I'm pretty much back in the same place where I started now. 90-95 is the compression on both sides. I'm considering buying a rebuilt engine to put in it. What else could be causing low compression? Could it be the intake valves not seated well?
Did you lap the valves ? Should see a thin line in center of valve when finished ?
Remember me asking to make 100 % sure the rest of your engine was ok before you started the valve job ?

There are ways to tell where the compression loss is. You can take a hose made special for screwing in spark plug hole and apply low pressure air to it with both valves closed. If you have compression loss you will hear the air. Intake and it will come back out carburetor. Exhaust and of course you will hear air coming out of muffler. Piston or ring issue and air will come out where you pour oil in valve cover
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2020, 04:44 AM   #32
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

It's possible the valves are not seating fully if you did not lap them in with grinding paste! Otherwise it could be rings are worn. If you say it smokes bad, then that is likely. Do another dry compression test and record the figures, then do a wet test ( pour about a teaspoon of oil in the spark plug holes) then do the compression test again. If the figures are higher, then it's likely worn rings.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 04:45 AM   #33
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

You beat me to it trig lol
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO