lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2020, 09:08 PM   #1
michaelaland
Not Yet Wild

Default serial number and basic specs for cart

Hello everyone,
I picked up this yamaha gas golf cart up and am just curious about specs such as spark plug, gas/oil mixture(converted to manual mix),manual and parts list. My serial number is J10-008747 which is in between
J10-030101 G1-A2 1981
J10-007705 G1-A1 1980

So im not sure what to think on the actual year it is.
I read somewhere that they recommend a 100:1 mixture or higher?
Also, I broke the driver side rear axle, re-welded it but its not straight so at high speed it wobbles a little bit. The closest part number I could find is
J17-46510-01-00 DISCONTINUED Rear Axle Shaft 1 DISCONTINUED, if thats even the right one, but its discontinued?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated...
Michael
Attached Images
File Type: jpg axle.jpg (11.2 KB, 0 views)
michaelaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2020, 10:31 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: serial number and basic specs for cart

The cart you have is a model G1.

The mix ratio of the factory oil injection is 150:1 according to the service manual. Many people run 100:1 and report good results, provided it's a good synthetic air cooled 2 stroke oil.

You won't find any axles new. You're only bet is to find a used one. I actually have a full transaxle for sale if you are interested. You can also post a thread in the for sale/parts section and maybe someone will have just the axle?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 06:48 PM   #3
michaelaland
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
The cart you have is a model G1.

The mix ratio of the factory oil injection is 150:1 according to the service manual. Many people run 100:1 and report good results, provided it's a good synthetic air cooled 2 stroke oil.

You won't find any axles new. You're only bet is to find a used one. I actually have a full transaxle for sale if you are interested. You can also post a thread in the for sale/parts section and maybe someone will have just the axle?
Thank you so much, sorry it took so long to respond, I thought I would get an email when someone responded, maybe I need to set that up. Anyway, thanks for the info, so its a G1, based on the serial number I posted, is it safe to say its either a 1980 or 1981 year model? Yes I would be interested in that back axle you have, what do you need for it or you want to message me? Thank you
Old 10-13-2020, 07:30 PM   #4
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

bottom of my post is a link to the service manual

you may also want to check out the G1 G3 facebook page if your on social media

top of the facebook page is also a service manual, parts manual and owner manual
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 07:53 PM   #5
michaelaland
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
bottom of my post is a link to the service manual

you may also want to check out the G1 G3 facebook page if your on social media

top of the facebook page is also a service manual, parts manual and owner manual
Awesome, thanks Mike, I just found the Facebook page....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha