lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2021, 06:59 PM   #1
CWGrisw0ld
Not Yet Wild

Default 2015 EZGO Txt won't go!

Need a bit of help here. I'm out of town trying to get my dad's cart up and running. I currently can't get the solenoid to click. Power is good at the batteries and at the battery side of the solenoid.

I pulled and cleaned the solenoid and tested by connecting the positive and negative cables to the smaller contacts - it clicked immediately.

Based on some random youtube video I tested power at the charging receptacle. I tested the lower left contact on the receptacle and it had 48V, then I tested power at the blue wire which emerges from the back of the receptacle and connects to the orange. There was no power at the blue wire so I jumped the orange wire to the positive terminal on the battery to test and still no power.

The only other thing I've done is check continuity at the run/tow switch and it was fine. What's my next step???
CWGrisw0ld is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2021, 09:18 PM   #2
DubK
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2015 EZGO Txt won't go!

Willing to bet it's your throttle or F&R switch. Could be a bad ITS in the pedal box or microswitch in the pedal box. It sounds more like a throttle issue to me but it could still be a faulty f&r or bad connection on there.
DubK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 09:58 PM   #3
CWGrisw0ld
Not Yet Wild

Troubleshooting today, I connected a positive lead from the battery to small terminal on the solenoid. With the wire connected, everything seemed to work. I was able to switch between F/R, reverse buzzer came on, and pedal sent power. I’m assuming this rules out the f/r switch, ignition, and pedal microswitch?
Old 01-29-2021, 11:31 PM   #4
DubK
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Cart moved? Controller is what sends a signal to the solenoid to get it to click. I'm no expert by all means but yeah it sounds like it's not a pedal issue if the pedal sends power. Possibly a controller issue. This is similar to what happened on my last cart.. The solenoid would click but wouldn't go. Ended up being a bad controller. Bought a refurbished one from eBay and it worked. Waiting for the experts to chime in here.
Old 01-30-2021, 12:34 AM   #5
CWGrisw0ld
Not Yet Wild

One more thing, I just tested voltage at the key switch and am only getting like 2V! Pack voltage is 52.
Old 01-30-2021, 09:59 AM   #6
DubK
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Follow the schematic in red to see where voltage drops out. This is what gets your solenoid to activate and click. I'm having the same problem with my cart currently and still stumped on it! You may have a bad switch like key switch or other microswitch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg F9FCBE3B-D156-47F7-B336-2769FE0B0DC2.jpeg (120.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-30-2021, 10:21 AM   #7
CWGrisw0ld
Not Yet Wild

That schematic is very helpful, I really appreciate your responses.
Old 01-30-2021, 12:20 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If this is a 2015 it probably is a txt48 so different diagram. If you are only getting 2 volts at the switch there is a junction point of wires in the harness below the controller near the solenoid that feeds all the circuits. I have been hearing of more and more of these failing. That sounds like your problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 9F778E40-352A-4F76-9845-F2E5ED38DA2A.jpeg (54.8 KB, 0 views)
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 01:58 PM   #9
CWGrisw0ld
Not Yet Wild

Update on the TXT48:

My updates are intermittent as my dad lives out of state and I can only work on the cart when I go to visit.

So far we have replaced the ignition, charger inlet, solenoid, battery cables, batteries, and upgraded to an Alltrax controller. Still nothing...

Not getting voltage to activate the solenoid. Not much left to replace - I can swap out the Forward/Reverse switch on the seat but that's about it. If it's really the wiring junction near the controller - do you just have to rewire the whole cart?

Any suggestions on next step?
Old 02-26-2021, 03:19 PM   #10
CWGrisw0ld
Not Yet Wild

1 more update:

Tested continuity at the pedal microswitch and it works as it should. Checked for power at cables coming into the switch and got nothing.

Tested continuity at forward/reverse switch and it works as it should. No power on any of the 3 cables coming into it either.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO