lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2021, 10:11 AM   #11
BCLII
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Navitas for RXV - Anything to watch out for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
You should contact Navitas for recommendations for your specific situation. Also you can and should start your own thread if you desire to hear about other user experiences with them. There are multiple people who have done the Navitas conversion on this board.
Thanks for the tip! I’ll search deeper into threads!
BCLII is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2021, 10:21 AM   #12
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCLII View Post
Which Navitas controller would be best for a stock replacement on a 2016 RXV Freedom to achieve that performance?
Thanks
It's definitely more expensive than finding someone to program your's, but if you're already on 23s, you need the larger controller anyways and then you’re basically at the same price.

https://www.navitasvs.com/tac2

I'd go TAC2, 440A or 600A, both should yield about the same top speed, the 600A can give higher performance/acceleration. I'd definitely recommend the OTF programmer. The adjustability and OTF is really clutch. My cart is just too fast to let people inexperienced with driving lifted carts just go drive it after a couple drinks, so being able to tune it down to 17 mph in 2 seconds before handing over the keys is real nice.

I'd also recommend getting a 400A continuous heavy duty solenoid (just the solenoid, you don't need the diode or resistors). MZJ-400A 48V is the preferred one in the RXV+Navitas community, but you'll need to be a but creative with mounting options, you'll also need/want two cables with 5/16" lugs on one end and 3/8" on the other to adapt to the larger terminal posts on the MZJ (these cables are readily available on Amazon).
DB Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:22 AM   #13
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks, just seems to be very limited resources that can reprogram units!
Do some reading learn to do it yourself. A lot cheaper then paying Navitas $1,000.00 for a controller.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:27 AM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Thanks, just seems to be very limited resources that can reprogram units!
Depends on where you live..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:59 AM   #15
BCLII
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB Cooper View Post
It's definitely more expensive than finding someone to program your's, but if you're already on 23s, you need the larger controller anyways and then you’re basically at the same price.

https://www.navitasvs.com/tac2

I'd go TAC2, 440A or 600A, both should yield about the same top speed, the 600A can give higher performance/acceleration. I'd definitely recommend the OTF programmer. The adjustability and OTF is really clutch. My cart is just too fast to let people inexperienced with driving lifted carts just go drive it after a couple drinks, so being able to tune it down to 17 mph in 2 seconds before handing over the keys is real nice.

I'd also recommend getting a 400A continuous heavy duty solenoid (just the solenoid, you don't need the diode or resistors). MZJ-400A 48V is the preferred one in the RXV+Navitas community, but you'll need to be a but creative with mounting options, you'll also need/want two cables with 5/16" lugs on one end and 3/8" on the other to adapt to the larger terminal posts on the MZJ (these cables are readily available on Amazon).
Thanks DB, I’m running 20” so no lift and no plans to lift! Nice option to be able to control the settings!
Old 03-01-2021, 11:02 AM   #16
BCLII
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Do some reading learn to do it yourself. A lot cheaper then paying Navitas $1,000.00 for a controller.
Thanks again, I’ll continue to read and research the option of doing it myself. Everything I’ve read so far is really vague. But suppose people are fearful of litigation these days.
Old 03-01-2021, 11:55 AM   #17
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks DB, I’m running 20” so no lift and no plans to lift! Nice option to be able to control the settings!
Tuning your 235A Curtis is the way to go from a value standpoint since you’re on 20”. That said, if money isn’t a big deal, OTF and the tunability is worthwhile. Again, for me with 23s, I was going to have to spend regardless.
DB Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 01:35 PM   #18
localbar
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks again, I’ll continue to read and research the option of doing it myself. Everything I’ve read so far is really vague. But suppose people are fearful of litigation these days.

I have not been able to find anything useful myself and it seems like you need a special (expensive) tool / scanner / reader to connect to it.

I am all eyes if anyone has a reference to point to. I am in NY so Bob is not an option for me.
localbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 01:40 PM   #19
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Its not that easy to get to developer level.
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 01:40 PM   #20
localbar
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Hello USGICOLLECTOR, I missed the train for when Bob was accepting mail-ins or rather I got cold feet in my first interaction with you a while back.

Is there info out there on how to do this? I spoke to two dealers and both said they cannot update my cart speed, something about I have an early version curtis.

I actually only want a few more MPH since my kids are the ones driving this cart. It's just too slow at 12-13 MPH. I'd like to bump it up to 17 MPH and paying $1000 for this seems ridiculous which is why I have not pulled the trigger.
localbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO