lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2021, 06:01 PM   #1
dsbunton646
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 G29 gas cart typical charging voltage?

I'm having issues with my accessories ( Bluetooth controller and audio amps) shutting down or going protect mode. I've twice changed the voltage regulator and both times the same result. Its charging at 15.8 volts currently while under power (while running at decent rpm). The first VR was a cheap Amazon special, the current one is direct from Partzilla and an alleged OEM Yamaha part. I've checked all grounds and wire connections and can't find any issues. Battery is older but seems okay, but tomorrow I am going to replace it just to be safe. After searching the forums I see these carts may charge on the high side as designed by Yamaha, but what is the actual charging voltage supposed to be? Can someone who owns one check yours and advise if it is in fact correct? Am I chasing a problem that I don't really have as far as the charging system goes? 15.8 seems high and my amps don't like it....they keep going into protect mode. It has cost me one JL audio controller already as well. Any ideas?? TIA.
dsbunton646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2021, 08:17 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2007 G29 gas cart typical charging voltage?

Yamahas do tend to charge higher voltage than mot other carts. Nearing 16 volts isn't uncommon at all. I have had customers come in with similar issues to yours - sound systems going over voltage and shutting down. I haven't tried it yet, but I've wondered if these might be a good use of the old 16 to 12 voltage reducers. Anybody tried that?
https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...-to-12v-15-amp
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha