lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2021, 07:12 AM   #1
tfbutler
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha G14 Gas Cart Help

I am now ready to look at this cart again, cart began to jerk some when driving, repalced clutch and rear spring with the white heavy duty one, since then it squeels on startup, but seems like it never gets enough rpm to engage rear. I have some video i could email of the issue. New belts, then replaced with another set of new belts same issue. Also was trying to get the number of carb srew adjustment rotations. Have one on the top of the carb seems to be one of the carb adjustments, just do not know how many turns out. Also unlike my club carb which will roll in N . I can not push this cart around even with selector in between F&R , not sure if this is nromal. Just like to utilize the cart! Any help would be great! Just seems like sometimes trying to start it that i have to manipulate the gas pedal alot to get it to start if it will even. Been in my gargae for a year need it to run. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_3182.PNG (927.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3183.jpg (46.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3184.jpg (79.5 KB, 0 views)
tfbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2021, 07:49 AM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Yamaha G14 Gas Cart Help

You need to determine why the rear wheels are not rolling.
Are the brakes locked up, can you turn the driven clutch?
Can you turn the driven clutch and make the rear wheels turn?
Remove the drive belt and get your engine issues sorted out first and then move to the rear.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 07:52 AM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Also, In both of your engine pictures, the throttle is at WOT, are you pushing the gas pedal then? the throttle should be closed when not running.
Old 05-26-2021, 07:56 AM   #4
tfbutler
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Yes that was a clip from one of the videos I took. It was running and squealing like mad. I jacked up the rear and i can get the rear wheels to move, and yes front and rear turn.
Old 05-26-2021, 12:41 PM   #5
tfbutler
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Blocked the rear wheels up and got the what im guessing is the air adjustement screw to out just over 1 1/2 turns. It runs when acelerator pressed, and does not backfire and will run full with very little squeel. when i put it in forward and reverse the driver side wheel spins appropriately but the passenger side moves only a very little.
Old 05-26-2021, 01:01 PM   #6
crash12888
Gone Crazy

It has an open differential which means the wheel with the least drag will spin faster than the other.
Or if the motor is off and you rotate one wheel forward the other will rotate backward, as long as the driven clutch is not turning.
Old 05-26-2021, 02:01 PM   #7
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

That is an awful heavy spring on your secondary clutch. When I had the modded stock engine in my G14 I used the Umax spring. Now with the modded VC 460 I went back to the stock G 14 secondary spring. Just wonder if that secondary spring is part of your problem ?
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 03:41 PM   #8
tfbutler
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

good point not sure either but tossed the parts i needed to remove to install that one. I went with this spring as i carry some wood with the back bed on it and thought it would help with the jerking. It is a Jakes' power kit
Old 05-27-2021, 06:47 AM   #9
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I personally have never liked adding heavier springs, it make the engine work harder to overcome the driven clutch being held closed.
Shorter belt will start off lower in the drive clutch and give you tons of take off torque.
Old 05-27-2021, 08:33 AM   #10
Bbr
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Are u sure it's not the starter/ gen belt squealing
Bbr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carb, not engage, rear hd spring, replaced clutch, squeel
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha