lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2021, 09:42 AM   #1
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2014 Wiring Diagram, Blows fuse each time key is turned on

2014 gas ,Just quit running. Blows 10 amp fuse near battery. tried 2 fuses and both blew as soon as key was turned on. Does any one have wiring diagram that shows more than just basic like cunningham`s ?
steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2021, 03:50 PM   #2
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2014 Wiring Diagram, Blows fuse each time key is turned on

Have you recently had the battery out and then the problem started?
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 08:07 PM   #3
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

No, wife was just tooling around and turned left went about 30 feet and it died. I Have unhooked all wiring in engine bay. I noticed that all wire ties on harness looms were extremely tight. I cut all ties off and pulled wiring out of looms .Checked for wire pinched in to another.Found nothing. Took dash apart checked all wiring. All looks good. I did see that one of the day running lights that is keyed is out. I don`t know if a (LED) can cause a direct short or not? The only thing powered by the key. is that running light and the brake lamp relay under the floor,and the pedal switch. All the signals,horn, head and tail lights run on their own supply harness direct from battery and all work. The problem is after the key switch as fuse only blows as soon as you turn switch to on. I`m going to take floor out in the AM and pull brake lamp relay offline and unhook that light that is out up front and see if the short goes away.
Old 06-01-2021, 09:13 PM   #4
breugel
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Disconnect all accessories. Never use the frame as ground for lights or such it will pop the fuse.
breugel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 10:43 AM   #5
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

That is true on electric but not so much on gas .The factory grounds main harness and 2 relays on the frame.This is fuel injected. Also all the aftermarket stuff is grounded on the battery.
QUOTE=breugel;1829493]Disconnect all accessories. Never use the frame as ground for lights or such it will pop the fuse.[/QUOTE]
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha