lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2021, 02:32 PM   #11
Rshano21
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2013 Yamaha ydre will not move

So bad batteries checked. They were bad. Would get up to full voltage but under any amount of load they fell out quick. So got new battery pack today and installed. Went to drive cart, it stuttered and now won’t live at all. I ahve Check every battery connection, every wire motor connection , all seem good and tight.

Im completely Lost on this one. It’s back to where I was before brand new motor. Is there something I could have messed up with motor install? Would speed sensor cause this?
Rshano21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2021, 09:12 PM   #12
Rshano21
Not Yet Wild

So just checked with alltrax software. Cart not moving , now showing 0% throttle 0 volts to motor with pedal depressed. Signal shows when pedal depressed. I am Hearing the solenoid click and I had 50 volts on side going to controller. If speed sensor was blown would it cause this? Cause even if I disable speed sensor it doesn’t move. Before I changed Motor I have Changed every part, pedal sensor , brake sensor. Any ideas? I have to be missing something?
Old 09-04-2021, 09:27 PM   #13
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Throttle signal should respond when you press the pedal. Motor will run but not well if the speed sensor is not working. (RPM will stay at zero in the Alltrax log) Every input that the Alltrax sees is in the log so you should be able to see what is missing.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 09:46 PM   #14
Rshano21
Not Yet Wild

I think I mistyped what I was trying to say in last post. With pedal pressed I’m seeing 0% throttle and 0 volts to motor. Cart will not run at all, I do hear solenoid click on /off with pedal press.
Old 09-05-2021, 05:09 AM   #15
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OK, cart won't move without a throttle signal... i've had a similar situation with my '07 ydre, new sensor but bad connection on it and 0% throttle when pedal was pressed. A new sensor could be bad as well. As VA said, every switches and sensors are dislayed with Alltrax monitoring, If you're totally lost, you could store a data log file and send it to Alltrax.

P.s is the controller set to the correct throttle type? When you turn it on, you should see the status led flashing 3 times green, then steady green.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 08:20 AM   #16
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Throttle type is also displayed in the monitor program.
Old 09-05-2021, 08:37 AM   #17
Rshano21
Not Yet Wild

Yes I get 3 green blinks so correct throttle type. Maybe I’ll check the TPS . Maybe bad connection or The new one is a dud. I want thinking that because before it stopped running it went in reverse pretty normal, just in forward it was stuttering and never went full speed.
Old 09-07-2021, 09:27 PM   #18
Rshano21
Not Yet Wild

So new throttle position sensor came in and installed today. Now getting throttle signal, cart moves- but super jerky/shutter in forward at take off, smooth at reverse. This is the problem I had Right after I installed new d&d motor. It did this for a bit and then I lost The throttle signal, so I assumed The tps was bad. Brand new one same issue.

What would cause the jerky takeoff and ultimately blowing the tps? I have No faults on alltrax software, correct throttle (3 green blinks) . Checked connections over and over all tight.

“New”
Controller - alltrax xct48400
Motor d&d speed
All new cables 2awg
New tps - 2nd one now
New pedal switch
Solenoid - trombetta 114-4811–020 manufacturer says 225amp continuous 600amp in rush
New battery pack as of 4 days ago.

Any ideas or suggestions on what to check next?
Old 09-07-2021, 10:07 PM   #19
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Use the Alltrax monitor software to log a run. You may be able to tell what is going on that way. You can get Alltrax to evaluate your problem if you send them a copy of the log. I have done that. Do you have the correct field map for your motor???? That is important.
Old 09-08-2021, 04:02 AM   #20
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Did you ordered the Alltrax controller prepared for a D&D motor? Stock map setting is for the oem (Hitachi?) motor.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013 ydre, alltrax400amp
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha