lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2021, 03:39 PM   #1
dave92451
Not Yet Wild

Default 2012 TXT Problem

I have a 2012 that would not start so we changed the fuel pump and spark plug along with a new starter belt, Engine will crank for a while till it finally will start and then a lot of white smoke comes out. It will run for a short period of time then stop. It has spew gas from the filter hole on the fuel pump but not all the time.

Can someone point me into what I should check next. Any help would be appreciated
dave92451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2021, 03:44 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2012 TXT Problem

Definitely check the oil level. Fuel coming out of the pump breather usually means bad pump but also could be fuel in the pulse line.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 04:26 PM   #3
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Is it a lifted cart ? Lifting a TXT with a Robin motor changes the geometry of the motor and in so doing changes the "full" reading on the dipstick. What you are describing sounds like overfull in oil, not only getting oil in the pulse line but also in the breather tube into the air box which could account for white smoking. definitely check oil level. On you next oil change, when you refill, put in the manufacturers spec on oil, then check the dipstick to see where the reading is when actually full. If it's NOT lifted, then it might have gotten inadvertently overfilled. Still sounds like overfill.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 11:10 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

They stopped the Robbins motor in late 2008 so this will be a Kawasaki. Still check oil level.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 11:29 AM   #5
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
They stopped the Robbins motor in late 2008 so this will be a Kawasaki. Still check oil level.
Good catch. I wasn't paying attention.
Old 07-17-2021, 06:02 PM   #6
dave92451
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys. we checked the level and it was high but we also found that it has gas mixed in the oil and we don't know why. We changed the oil and filter and refilled but it came out the same gas mixed with oil. Any Ideas
dave92451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 06:13 PM   #7
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave92451 View Post
Thanks guys. we checked the level and it was high but we also found that it has gas mixed in the oil and we don't know why. We changed the oil and filter and refilled but it came out the same gas mixed with oil. Any Ideas
My first guess would be a bad fuel pump letting gas through the diaphragm through the pulse line into the crankcase. My second guess would be needle valve in carburetor sticking open and allowing raw gas to run through the bowl and throat of the carb into the combustion chamber and seep by the rings. This would be more likely to happen with a full gas tank where the level is higher than the float bowl. Need to take care not to run the motor with gassy fuel in it.
Old 07-19-2021, 09:14 AM   #8
svtnos
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreatt View Post
My first guess would be a bad fuel pump letting gas through the diaphragm through the pulse line into the crankcase. My second guess would be needle valve in carburetor sticking open and allowing raw gas to run through the bowl and throat of the carb into the combustion chamber and seep by the rings. This would be more likely to happen with a full gas tank where the level is higher than the float bowl. Need to take care not to run the motor with gassy fuel in it.
yea my guess is the sticking needle in the carb.

happened before to my snowblower.. found raw gas in the oil after sitting all winter.. changed the oil and cleaned the carb, been perfect ever since..
svtnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO