lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2021, 09:57 AM   #1
sticky58
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 txt lift

I have a 08 txt,I put a 6 inch lift with 23 inch tires x 14,the cart runs great on flat terrain,as soon as I want to climb a hill,it seems to fall flat on its face,cart climbed the hills with original tires,swap them back out,it does fine,what do I need to fix,rear clutch or is it in the rear end,my other 96 with same tires and lift does fine,thanks
sticky58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2021, 09:50 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: 2008 txt lift

It's hard to say. I know this....the condition of the clutches and belt are critical to putting power to the ground. If those are up to par, the engine could be down on power.

With all that said, a lifted cart with 23" tires won't climb hills the way a cart with 18" tires will, it's all about final drive ratio. The larger the tires, the less low end power your cart will have, and it will struggle more with hills.

Some will tell you to put a power spring or a steeper ramp style secondary clutch like what comes on a Workhorse cart. This will keep your clutches in "low gear" for a longer period of time and help with hills and pulling trailers etc.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 11:18 PM   #3
sticky58
Not Yet Wild

thanks,the engine has actually in very good shape,I will look into drive clutch,swap out a working one and see how I make out
Old 08-12-2021, 09:26 AM   #4
sticky58
Not Yet Wild

well,I took rear driven clutch and changed it with the one off my 96,both have same engine and clutches,no change to either cart,any idea what would make this cart run so poorly,the cart runs great until its on any kind of hill and then just runs out of power,where do I look next,should I double check timing,I was told it was out 180 and it was reset,ready to sell this thing
Old 08-12-2021, 10:38 AM   #5
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticky58 View Post
well,I took rear driven clutch and changed it with the one off my 96,both have same engine and clutches,no change to either cart,any idea what would make this cart run so poorly,the cart runs great until its on any kind of hill and then just runs out of power,where do I look next,should I double check timing,I was told it was out 180 and it was reset,ready to sell this thing
Does the 1996 have a lift kit with larger tires ?
You can read this
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...=176914&page=2
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO