lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2021, 06:16 PM   #1
mikoz
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Drive2 stretch from 4 to 6 passenger

I have a 2018 drive2 4 passenger with a 3" lift and street 14" tires. It's still in mint condition and I've done many upgrades. We are in the process of getting a place at the beach and I want to modify it for beach duty and relocate it.

I definitely need to change the tires to something a bit knobbier. This should be easy.
I may want to change the lift from 3" to 4" or higher.
The big one: I want to stretch it to 6 passenger to make an extra row for hauling all sorts of beach junk in the 3rd row flip down.

The dealer I bought it from says that this isn't possible, and that they order their "6 passenger" units with a stretched chassis from Yamaha (well, that is, when they can get them which apparently you cannot get any carts right now). I thought this was incorrect, I thought they started with a 4 passenger (well, actually 2 passenger since there's no rear facing seat) length frame and then stretched it to make a 6 passenger setup.

Questions:
1. is it possible and does it make financial sense to stretch the chassis? I see a few kits online for EFI drive2. Or is it better to sell this one and start over?

2. how easy is it to add 1-2" lift, is this a whole new lift kit setup or is there an easier way?

Once it's down there, I plan to fluid film the whole underside on a regular basis to prevent issues, and it will be stored in a garage.
mikoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha