lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #11
sidefx
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: connecting EZGO powerwise qe charger to 36v electric tractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightBeRight View Post
Hi sidefx - you, unfortunately have a kaput charger. This is the light pattern you get if you plug a QE into the wall without AC connected. Therefore, make sure the AC is good and the cord is not broken first, but most lilely your charger has said goodbye. If you look here - http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...hematic-2.html you will see some repair instructions for the most common failure problem I have found. Follow the warnings carefully and find a friend to do it if you have no experience. I also see repair service on FleaBay for $90 - though I hvae no experience with that. Good luck!
I'm not following you. Do you mean without "DC" connected? I'm sure the AC house cuircit is good. For future reference, is it ok to have the AC always connected to charger and just plug into cart when needed?
I will check out the schematic. Thanks so much!
sidefx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2012, 09:32 AM   #12
MightBeRight
Not Yet Wild

Sorry - clearly I was a little groggy when I wrote that - the light pattern when you plug the charger into the DC when AC is not connected, is what I tried to say... The charger does absolutely nothing if DC is not connected.

The PowerWise QE is normally left plugged into the AC while the golf cart is out of the charge barn, so yes, that is expected and perfectly ok.

Sorry, there is no schematic available to my knowledge, but some instructions are there none the less..
MightBeRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #13
sidefx
Not Yet Wild

Haha Groggy I completely understand. I am pretty handy with a soilering iron but with my luck, my charger would fall into that 25% that the components you mentioned would not fix my problem. It's just my luck.
I may try the ebay repair tech guy and hopefully be done with it.
Thanks for the replys and great info!!
sidefx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 07:59 PM   #14
capmeyer
Not Yet Wild

Hello, any idea which component or components have failed when the charger repeatedly flashes 6 reds? The 39 ohm resistor is not burned.
capmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:49 PM   #15
MightBeRight
Not Yet Wild

Hi capmeyer:

I am sorry to report that 6 flashes indicates your PowerWise QE charger has lost its memory. Apparently not all of it, and the correct way to fix it is to connect a rare and custom memory restoring device, which only E-Z-GO has access to. It plugs into the little port on the side of the charger. This device will scan the remaining memory and restore the byte, or bytes that have been addled. If you are really serious, then you can PM me and we can work on it, but it might just be easier to get another charger. I have heard of one way to "repair" this problem so that the charger appears to work correctly, but it ruins the calibration at a minimum, and can screw up other settings such as charge algorithm. What's worse is you can't tell until your battery begins to suffer...
MightBeRight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charger, delta-q, wiring diagram
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO