lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2010, 12:03 PM   #21
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: increase torque/speed on 2cyl/4cycle

Just a little clarification on this GXT..... all of these mods worked on the stock Marathon 4 stroke engine?

I found the 27077-G02 EZ-Go 2 stroke belt on Ebay here for $29 shipped. It lists the length as 40 3/4" & shows the 91 - 94 4 stroke.

Anyone think this belt or the Yamaha would be better?

Anyone have the part # for the Yamaha belt?

Thanks.

EDIT: I swapped email with my local EZGo dealer. He said the 27077-G02 (40 3/4") is the stock belt for the Marathon 4 stroke. When I suggested going a bit shorter for improved torque, he said, "you're only going to want to use a stock belt, it's a long story but trust me the cart clutches take a huge amount of engineering for belt size and you're better off running a stock belt."

Just a guess here.... but I imagine he's saying this because of any additional stress on the bearings in the crank or clutch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXTsandman View Post
http://www.cartpartsplus.com/ez-go-power-kit.html $45

http://www.rainbowcustomcars.com/pro...ke_System.html $45

http://www.cartpartsplus.com/ez-go-carb-jet-kit.html $18

That puts you $8 over budget.

If you don't go with a shorter belt, at least a new belt might do you some good depending on how worn out the old one is.

I did all these at once (along with custom exhaust and a shorter belt) so I couldn't tell you which was better. I would recommend some pre-filters if you plan on going in dry dirt or sand with that filter.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2010, 02:36 AM   #22
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm checking out CPPs Clutch Tuning Spring & Power kit. I see a testimonial on their site & the guy swears by this mod for additional torque.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:39 AM   #23
drc007
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJunky View Post
I'm checking out CPPs Clutch Tuning Spring & Power kit. I see a testimonial on their site & the guy swears by this mod for additional torque.
did you ever figure out if they would work? and can you use both of them at the same time?
drc007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:47 AM   #24
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc007 View Post
did you ever figure out if they would work? and can you use both of them at the same time?
In a conversation with Tom at CPP, I found out that they will work together. And having the clutch machined will increase that performance even more. My own clutch appears to be in pretty good condition so I'm not going to have it machined. But I plan on ordering the two kits ASAP. I'll definitely post the results when I get them installed.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:30 AM   #25
RICHIE RICH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJunky View Post
In a conversation with Tom at CPP, I found out that they will work together. And having the clutch machined will increase that performance even more. My own clutch appears to be in pretty good condition so I'm not going to have it machined. But I plan on ordering the two kits ASAP. I'll definitely post the results when I get them installed.
Tom is correct, they do, the spring is most of the torque gain, but if you machine both plate you will gain a little more, the bonus of machining is that you plate will not slip and close the gap at low speed increasing the torque as well, FYI, if you bring them somewhere to have them machined, just make sure you clean them good, any metal chips left in the sliding plate can cause damage to the shaft and will make it stick and bind up... on the yamaha's i also replace the bushing before machining to make sure it is true and replace with a new seal before before installing.. hope that the info helps
RICHIE RICH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:44 AM   #26
drc007
Not Yet Wild

ThAnks Richie rich and air junkie, I will give Tom a call. I'm not sure how to tell if the clutch is in good shape or not. Do yall know anything about converting a 36 degree clutch to a 28 degree clutch?
Old 02-03-2010, 09:25 AM   #27
RICHIE RICH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
ThAnks Richie rich and air junkie, I will give Tom a call. I'm not sure how to tell if the clutch is in good shape or not. Do yall know anything about converting a 36 degree clutch to a 28 degree clutch?
FYI, unless you have your own Lath, it is normally cheaper to just buy the entire kit, for the extra $50.00 you get a new plate...not to many machine shops will do it for less.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:34 AM   #28
drc007
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHIE RICH View Post
FYI, unless you have your own Lath, it is normally cheaper to just buy the entire kit, for the extra $50.00 you get a new plate...not to many machine shops will do it for less.
I'm not sure I understand. Way is a lath. Someone on a post mentioned replacing the clutch cam and buttons?
Old 02-03-2010, 09:40 AM   #29
RICHIE RICH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

a lath is a a metal cutting machine that you use to cut the clutch plate.....your best bet is to just order the parts new that you need and install, then you don't have to worry about anything
Old 02-03-2010, 10:02 AM   #30
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Do yall know anything about converting a 36 degree clutch to a 28 degree clutch?
Sure, I posted about it in the shorter belt and 28deg clutch thread in the tech section. you just need to swap out the parts listed there.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO