lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2010, 10:30 PM   #1
jmiller750
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Battery Meter Wiring Diagram

Hello,

Looking for a wiring diagram for a 1979 Ez-Go Marathon Battery Meter. I have a Analog Battery Meter with two terminals on the back of it one of the termnal is marked positive. Does the terminal marked positive go to the 6th battery negative terminal? Does the other terminal go to the key switch hot terminal? Please help me on this issue.

Thank You,

jmiller750
jmiller750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2010, 10:50 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery Meter Wiring Diagram

Jay, hopefully you have a voltmeter? Check the pack where the charger receptacle wires connect there should be 36-38 volts. Basically this is where the meter connects.

Reread your question? The meter terminal marked positive goes to the positive 36v battery post or the 36v positive from your ignition switch.... and the other post on the meter runs all the way back to the battery pack negative on battery #1.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:01 PM   #3
jmiller750
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Jay,

With my voltage meter I went from the positive of battery #1 to the negative of battery #6 and I get 39.2 Volts.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:07 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Bingo
Now check from battery pack neg to ignition switch terminal which is only hot when the key is 'on' ... when you get 39v there ...... that's where the meter installs
Old 03-06-2010, 11:14 PM   #5
jmiller750
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Bingo
Now check from battery pack neg to ignition switch terminal which is only hot when the key is 'on' ... when you get 39v there ...... that's where the meter installs
ScottyB,

So you are saying to meter from the negative of battery #6 to the hot on make key switch when turned on and I should get about 39V. Then I would hook up the battery meter + to the hot of the key switch and the other terminal on the battery meter to the negative of battery #6.

jmiller750
Old 03-07-2010, 02:19 AM   #6
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You need to have one wire connected to the 1st batteries Positive (+) post and the other to the 6th batteries Negative (-) post. According to the instructions that came with mine. Use 16AWG wire, Red for Positive and Black for Negative. So connect the red wire to the positive on your meter and to the 1st batteries +, connect the black wire to the other post on the meter, which is Negative and connect the other end to the Negative post on the 6th battery.
hope this helps
joe
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:31 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller750 View Post
ScottyB,

So you are saying to meter from the negative of battery #6 to the hot on make key switch when turned on and I should get about 39V. Then I would hook up the battery meter + to the hot of the key switch and the other terminal on the battery meter to the negative of battery #6.

jmiller750
YES.This way the meter comes on when then the cart is turned on as opposed to being on all the time .... Just use you multimeter to confirm and remember to keep the polarity correct on the meter.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #8
wakeworld
Not Yet Wild

This is the first meter install thread that I've seen which addresses the voltage issue, so I thought I might pose a question about my 36v LED battery meter. On these there are three terminals on the back, two of which are positive. Obviously, the + and - terminals are wired to the 36v positive and negative as described above. However, I'm confused about the terminal labeled "C", which is supposed to be hooked up to the positive coming from the ignition. Should this switched hot wire be 12v or 36v?
wakeworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 11:11 AM   #9
Darth Dirt
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

having problems with my batter meter install.... I cannot get any voltage reading from either side of my key switch! it works, when the key is off the cart will not go, have tried hooking the C post to BOTH sides of the key switch and nothing happens key on or off, right now I just rigged the C post to the positive post and the meter work fine but is on all the time! please help
Darth Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO