lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2010, 06:56 PM   #11
poppy79424
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Seat Repair for CC Precedent

We use Weldwood flamable contact glue at my trim shop for just about everything. I buy it in 5 gallon cans and spray it on with a 2 gallon binks paint pot.
poppy79424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2010, 07:00 PM   #12
texasporty
Not Yet Wild

Just purchased a 2005 model Precedent with the same problem. Going to most likely give the goop a try. Will also look for the weldwood if I can find it. If someone had a successful repair of this problem I would like to hear about it.

Thanks
Texasporty
texasporty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:34 AM   #13
bigunn
Not Yet Wild

Use the 3M 77 , you can get at any big box store . I buy my contact cement in 5 gal cans and spray it in a spray gun. You can go to an upholstery shop and a lot of times you can buy a can of spray contact from them . better to use the 3m than the goop.
bigunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #14
bussted
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for trying to help and for your input but I can tell you that 3m spray77 doesn't stand a snowballs chance inhell of working. Weldwood is awesome stuff but It's not gonna cut it for this repair either. If you look at the pics I posted the seat is vinyl molded with the foam and the factory used some sort of thick Faulk like bead of glue to assemble and that didn't hold it. I temp rigged mine with a couple screws believe it or not. It's holding it and the seat is not flPpinf around from the plastic back anymore this however is obviously only a temp fix at best. I think the goop or possibly a bead of cunstruction adhesive will prob be about the best shot of anything that will work. It's that or stretching ne material over the whole seat (front) and stapling to the plastic back.
bussted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:03 AM   #15
texasporty
Not Yet Wild

Update on my repair.
After much thought the old glue really looked like some type of epoxy that didn't stick well to the vinyl or plastic. This may have been caused by poor preparation.
I removed old glue...sanded the plastic and vinyl lightly...wiped down with acetone. I then re-glued with Hysol 9462. This glue comes in a dual cartridge and you need a gun to apply. It is a 24hr type epoxy that is very strong. I clamped the seat cushion and plastic together using boards and clamps. I allowed it to dry for two days and everything seems to be holding. Only time will tell.
texasporty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:43 PM   #16
stoneycat20
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasporty View Post
Update on my repair.
After much thought the old glue really looked like some type of epoxy that didn't stick well to the vinyl or plastic. This may have been caused by poor preparation.
I removed old glue...sanded the plastic and vinyl lightly...wiped down with acetone. I then re-glued with Hysol 9462. This glue comes in a dual cartridge and you need a gun to apply. It is a 24hr type epoxy that is very strong. I clamped the seat cushion and plastic together using boards and clamps. I allowed it to dry for two days and everything seems to be holding. Only time will tell.
I have the same problem..where did you get the Hysol 9462
stoneycat20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:26 PM   #17
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneycat20 View Post
I have the same problem..where did you get the Hysol 9462
http://www.mcmaster.com/#loctite-hysol/=dncy7f type 9462 into the box on the left or just scroll down

proper surface prep is crucial. wear gloves at a minimum. i HAVE to wear a respirator & sealed goggles when i use epoxies. *note - it can take up to 5 days to cure.
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:51 AM   #18
stoneycat20
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
http://www.mcmaster.com/#loctite-hysol/=dncy7f type 9462 into the box on the left or just scroll down

proper surface prep is crucial. wear gloves at a minimum. i HAVE to wear a respirator & sealed goggles when i use epoxies. *note - it can take up to 5 days to cure.
-sj
they have several...which did you use
stoneycat20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:40 AM   #19
rodallen
Not Yet Wild

Email me and I will show you how to do it .All you need is some supernails glue and a tube of black silastic and plenty of good stick tape and plenty of patience,I will garantee your seat will never fall appart again.
The other alternative is seat covers at about $190 Aust.
Will upload some pics of seat covers as soon as someone shows me how. They are great and look good change the colour of your seats to suit your taste.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 094.jpg (160.5 KB, 12 views)
rodallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:01 PM   #20
samsonone
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

take tahoedawg's advice it is a big problem with those junk seats. there is no glue that will work.club car even went back to a wood bottom on the new model. the new model seat will fit older cart's.
samsonone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seat glue, seat repair, seat seperating
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car