lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2011, 09:06 PM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Cart tries to move but can't

does the solenoid click when you depress the pedal?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2011, 09:21 PM   #12
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl_Gulfer View Post
I've had no problem with my used cart for the past 2 years but this morning I went to go to the corner store and it acted like something was holding me back, it would only move about a inch in forward and reverse. It's fully charged and the yellow light on the dash won't go out either. It vibrates a little when it tries to move.
Any Ideas?

Electric

Thanks
Your cart is a 1995. Does it have a f/r lever or a rocker switch?
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:53 PM   #13
bud light
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just my opinion I would get a gas cart.

.45ACP because shooting is silly.
bud light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:29 PM   #14
Fl_Gulfer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I can find no dates on the batteries. I bought it off a little old lady in Tampa for $500 she said her late husband bought the batteries about a year before he passed away and that was 2 years before I bought it from her, (With Charger) so they are about 4 years old.
We didn't want a gas cart here at the beach. $3.10 a gallon. Our neighbor has a gas one and it isn't much faster than mine.
I hear a clicking sound when I hit the peddle.
It has a Forward, Neutral & Reverse lever.
Fl_Gulfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:53 PM   #15
bud light
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Good price. Yes you will here a clicking sound on the electric carts. I had one once and it made clicking sounds. When the batteries run down it is done for the day. Maybe 8hrs? All I have to do to my gas cart is put gas in it and go. Good luck and have fun. Most of us our Buggy crazy (maybe just me). You will be too.

.45ACP because shooting is silly
bud light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:10 PM   #16
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Have you been able to test batterys for condition yet? If you find that batterys are good then it could be a bad solenoid ( as click can be solenoid closing but bad and wont make contact ) but could also be bad batterys so you need to narrow down possible causes before jumping into any parts replacements, or futher tests?
VERY GOOD BUY. LETS GET IT RUNNING FOR YOU?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #17
Fl_Gulfer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I pulled all the batteries out today and there was no water in them that I could see, I'm taking them into the Golf Cart shop in Panama City Beach Fl. and have them properly tested.
Thanks
Old 01-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #18
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

With that little distilled water in batterys you will be looking at new battery? You need to set up a regular schedual of cleaning and checking fluid levels. I check my levels twice a month and clean terminals every other time and I use my cart very little anymore because of troubles in driving.
Batterys ( as you will find out ) are far too expensive to not keep serviced properly.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:20 PM   #19
Fl_Gulfer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Five of the batteries say 07 for the date the other says 12 strange. The lady at the cart store said they would like tto have the batteries in the cart to do a proper test. So I'm just going to put some distilled water in them and charge them up and see what happens, If that dosen't work I'll get the new ones for just running around the neighborhood for $600.00 I guess they are T-860 model.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:41 AM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That is a small 8v battery with an amp hour rating of 150. If you go that route, be sure you use them within their abilities. In other words do not try to run as long or far as other carts with bigger batteries or you will be drawing them down too far. Drawing batteries down for a deep discharge shortens their useful life. Best to get some sort of battery gauge and calibrate it if it is not a digital read out.
Installing a digital battery meter is about the best investment you can make in a battery pack, besides distilled water good luck
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car