lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2011, 10:35 AM   #21
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Really Need Help

It sounds like the original seller has taken advantage of your lack of knowledge with the statement "just a minor brake problem"
You need to do a complete assement of the entire cart before you spend any money on brakes and determine if the total cost is going to be worth it compared to maybe returning it or selling it and buying another cart.
Any chance you can call the seller and ask about the missing parts for this minor problem?
Can you post up more pics of the cart?

The axle and tubes almost look like they are from an electric that had the brake band on the motor.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2011, 12:21 PM   #22
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Hey Holeysocks,Don't get discouraged,Unless you paid a lot for the cart (over $500)you are still in the game,I don't agree with other posts about getting money back or looking into expensive alternatives.If you are on a low budget or want a cheap fix,shop around places like Craigslist.I've bought complete carts that needed minimal work for as little as $200.You might get lucky and score a 3-wheel cart with a good rear for $50-$75.Swap the rear and other partsyou need and sell the donor cart as is,or keep it for parts.Last year we had 5 or 6 of them,and took what we needed and sold/scrapped the remains.Also places like ebay have plenty of parts.And also remember you can ask here for parts,someone might have everything you need laying around.I'll check and see what we still have and get back to you soon.Even if you go with new parts,they aren't that expensive(except for the hubs).Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:56 PM   #23
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

I'm definitely on board with the donor cart idea... New parts are gonna kill your budget, if you had one. Plus, a donor cart will have all the bolts and parts and will help you see how it goes together. It's probably your best bet.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #24
holeysocks
Getting Wild

The Ausco Disc is a good idea ,,however I think I will wait a while and see if I can find something used
holeysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:19 PM   #25
holeysocks
Getting Wild

Ok Boys and Girls,,Here is the cart!!! I paid $100.00 for it and got about 2 lbs Pecans off the top..The cart has a 250R Expansion Chamber and a Mikuni Carburetor also included was an Alcohol carburetor that he ran for a very short time, but got tired of carrying his own fuel.
Cart came with a small air compressor to raise and lower air shocks via a toogle switch beside key switch,,I have not heard cart run, because no battery and cold weather

just NO BRAKES!!!!!

Tell me what you think!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cart_01_A.jpg (122.8 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Cart_Dash_01_A.jpg (83.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Cart_Key_01_A.jpg (85.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Cart_Motor_02.jpg (139.1 KB, 33 views)
Old 01-09-2011, 09:33 PM   #26
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Somebody got robbed and it wasn't you!!Good score!Look for a donor cart, or buy all new stuff and go from there.I've paid $200 for original carts that were whipped!
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:27 AM   #27
crash12888
Gone Crazy

You got a good deal, It doesn't look bad at all. start by getting that picnic table off of the top of it and add a golf cart top to your list of things to watch for.
Looks like it wieghs a ton.
Borrow a battery from somewhere and see if you can get it to spin over to check compression for starters.

edit: the carb mounting rubber looks to be dry rotted and cracked, might suck air there if it is.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:38 AM   #28
holeysocks
Getting Wild

The Guy I got it from took it to the races and they stood on top so they could see,,
Old 01-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #29
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I'm still trying to figure out how many colors that cart's been painted throughout its' life ....
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:48 AM   #30
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

You got a great deal! The wheels and tires alone are worth what you paid. Personally I would lose the roof, I think the cart looks sharper with just a windshield. You can also still purchase all the rubber trim to hide those nasty sharp edges.
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1984 2 stroke ezgo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO