lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #1
bjl
Not Yet Wild

Default V Glides

I recently purchased a used cc cart with the serial number showing it to be a 87 model, it has the V GLide pie shaped thing. I was looking to go ahead and replace the V Glide while I have it tore down to the frame because it is easy to get to with out the body installed, I am having trouble finding one for 87 Model. Earliest model I can find is for 89 model. Am I reading the serial number correctly? It is A8728122125
Thanks
bjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: V Glides

I have a 86 with V-Glide
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:57 AM   #3
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjl View Post
I recently purchased a used cc cart with the serial number showing it to be a 87 model, it has the V GLide pie shaped thing. I was looking to go ahead and replace the V Glide while I have it tore down to the frame because it is easy to get to with out the body installed, I am having trouble finding one for 87 Model. Earliest model I can find is for 89 model. Am I reading the serial number correctly? It is A8728122125
Thanks
I believe the V - Glide was the same for models from 84 - 91
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:04 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes the parts are interchangable........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:05 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The V-glide was introduced with the resistor coils which followed the 5 solenoid drive set up. I too thought this happened in 1989. Could all of these older V-glide carts have been updated?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:22 AM   #6
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The V-glide was introduced with the resistor coils which followed the 5 solenoid drive set up. I too thought this happened in 1989. Could all of these older V-glide carts have been updated?
You are right the golfcartpartsdirect.com website shows models 84-91 with the V-Glide but under the wiring section shows 89 - 91 with V-Glide and earlier 85-88 with speed switch limit switches.I presume the older models have or can be updated.
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:32 AM   #7
bjl
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help, It must have been upgraded because i do not have any resistor selonoids. Should I go ahead and replace it while it is easily accessable while I have the body off or would that be a waste?
thanks
bjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:37 AM   #8
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

U never know what CC is going to do , they still made Vglide up to 1999

Or they put it in that service manual ??
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VDrive_1998-1999.29345305.pdf (3.02 MB, 24 views)
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:42 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Actually Glee, they made the resistor coil?V-glid cart thru 2003
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:25 AM   #10
Grinch
Getting Wild

Club Car

BJL, Pop the cover off the VGlide and look at the contacts. Check for bad pitting or excess wear, you goal is a good contact with the wiper brush (the part that moves when you press the gas pedal). I was able to clean my contacts with a white pencil eraser. DO NOT try to remove the fixed contacts! The wiper brush can spring back a little exposing the surface and also has a wear limit scored into it. It is easily replaced if need be for about $15. Finally, make sure your brush lies flat on the contacts. This can be done by removing the cotter pin and turning the very small screw on the wiper.

Grinch
Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car