lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2011, 01:35 PM   #11
mda2002
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 04 Precedent Help me

OBC reset did nothing does this mean its the OBC. Can that make the car stutter? I thought it just had to do with charging.
mda2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2011, 04:21 PM   #12
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mda2002 View Post
OBC reset did nothing does this mean its the OBC. Can that make the car stutter? I thought it just had to do with charging.

In one of your later posts you mentioned charging issues, tow/run switch, disconnecting the positive lead... Trying an OBC reset can't hurt anything and might help correct a problem.

Did anything change to cause any of your problems... new batteries, washing the cart, changing out a motor, etc.?
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:02 PM   #13
mda2002
Not Yet Wild

Nothing has changed, no new parts or anything. was driving one day and it started bucking and jerking. Got it to a safe place and changed the solenoid and that did nothing changed out the speed sensor by using the fix from this forum and that did nothing but I suspect the OBC may have went out. I drive my cart every day and if I charge it every day it would take a charge but if I dont charge it for 3 - 4 days then I have to switch to tow , unhook + cable for 10 secs rehook and switch to run and it would charge. Would a faulty OBC cause the running problem. I have put 2 different speed sensors in and still dont get the walk away brake beep like I used to. I am going to check more with my dvm tomorrow just wondering where I should focus first.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:09 AM   #14
wilmash
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

i have the same problem as mda 2002, but mine started after i put in new batteries. can anyone help me with this.
wilmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:25 AM   #15
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

wilmash try starting your own thread and put in as many details as possible......it will be less confusing.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:50 AM   #16
mda2002
Not Yet Wild

when testing the motor for continuity do the cables need to be unhooked or can it be tested while everyrhing is still hooked up. I have tested it while still hooked up and have no continuity at the post and no continuity to the case which I dont want anyway
Old 07-25-2011, 05:26 PM   #17
mda2002
Not Yet Wild

after some more meter testing today I found the following

1. MCOR tested good
2. Solenoid tested good.
3. Speed sensor has power and ground and tested the green wire by probing with meter + and putting - to #4 ground moved cart slowly and meter read from 0 to around 5 volts. Seems to be working to me.
4. Tested for continuity of motor @ lugs with wires still attached - No continuity on either F1 - F2 or S-1 - S2.
5. Unhooked wires at controller and tested motor continuity there. Green wire still attached to solenoid to white wire . No continuity.
6. Unplugged blue wire and orange wire, checked and had continuity.

is this an ok way to test motor continuity or do I need to unhook everything
Old 07-26-2011, 06:17 AM   #18
mda2002
Not Yet Wild

Bump
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car