lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2011, 07:11 PM   #1
olerebel
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default charge light

At what % discharge point does the battery light on the dash of a 2002 DS (48 volt) come on ? Stock cart.
olerebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2011, 07:20 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: charge light

you know i,m sure they were made to come on at a certain % point but i think every set of batteries is different and effects it.......you would be much better off with a digital battery meter in cart that you could read..................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:59 AM   #3
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerebel View Post
At what % discharge point does the battery light on the dash of a 2002 DS (48 volt) come on ? Stock cart.
If the cart is not plugged into the charger (ie) its in use and the light comes on and stays on, its an indication that more than 75% of the energy has been removed from the batteries.
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:42 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfdog View Post
If the cart is not plugged into the charger (ie) its in use and the light comes on and stays on, its an indication that more than 75% of the energy has been removed from the batteries.
dog do you think that holds true for all batteries and lights?........i wish i could trust it did ...............................
Old 07-26-2011, 08:46 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

All I know is it is way too low.... whenever I see one on it is indicating trouble. I have had people tell me that they use it as a 'time to recharge' indicator .... those same people were complaining that their batteries didn't last many years.

This is a good question for TahoeDawgZ71
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:49 AM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

scotty the reason i posted what i did and than asked golfdog is that i have seen voltage across the board when the light decided to come on.......from only 15% discharged to just plain dead sets and everywhere in between...............so how accurate is it?????........................
Old 07-26-2011, 09:44 AM   #7
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

On my cart, 2006 Precedent, the Yellow light comes on near the 50% mark, not the 75% mark. In other words, around the 48 volt mark after sitting a bit. When you're driving the cart the voltage will drop another .7 volts or more than once it's sitting. The light "code" from CC states that when it comes on the batteries are close to full discharge capacity but... it also states that you could continue with your golf round first before charging. My LED indicator shows RED-Flashing when the Yellow CC warning light comes on but once again, when I stop the cart and it sits for a few minutes, the battery voltage will be around the 48 volt mark and my LED meter will go back to yellow.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:03 AM   #8
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
dog do you think that holds true for all batteries and lights?........i wish i could trust it did ...............................
My info was from the Club Car manual, I don't have any practical experience of the situation.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:33 AM   #9
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Here is a picture from a Precedent service manual about this for future use
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Battery Warning Light Code.jpg (293.4 KB, 21 views)
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:04 PM   #10
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
On my cart, 2006 Precedent, the Yellow light comes on near the 50% mark, not the 75% mark. In other words, around the 48 volt mark after sitting a bit. When you're driving the cart the voltage will drop another .7 volts or more than once it's sitting. The light "code" from CC states that when it comes on the batteries are close to full discharge capacity but... it also states that you could continue with your golf round first before charging. My LED indicator shows RED-Flashing when the Yellow CC warning light comes on but once again, when I stop the cart and it sits for a few minutes, the battery voltage will be around the 48 volt mark and my LED meter will go back to yellow.
It appears that there are differant functions for differant OBC's. Mine will flash intermittently at 48v (+-50%) and stay on permanently at 75% discharge.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car