lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
warmboater
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Where can I find a charger with an equalize setting

Hello everyone, i am new to the buggy world and the bgw, did an insane amount of reading here before picking up my 06 Precedent. My lift, tires etc are on the way. Have a question about equalizing my batteries, where in the heck do I find a charger with an equalize setting? I have been everywhere looking for just a 12v charger (to do one bat at a time) with the setting and cant find one anywhere!
It has 4 12v trojans that are one year old. Is there another way to hit 15.5 volts to eq the batteries (modify the charger or obc maybe)? I use the factory cc charger which seems to charge them up to about 95% or so, how do i get it to 100%. Right now after after the charger shuts off i can hook up a little 1.5 amp charger and get a little more charge out of the batts one at a time, is this normal?
Voltage reading on the batts look good after charge and after waiting a few hours and checking again, but the specific gravity reading are varied a bit, that's why i want to do the eq. The performance and run time of the cart are pretty good for my use. I just want to take the best care of the batts I can to get the most out of them...
warmboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2011, 02:39 PM   #2
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Default Re: Where can I find a charger with an equalize setting

One of the functions of the OBC is to perform the equalisation charge so you should not have to buy another charger.
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:35 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

how varied are the S.G. readings on each cell of each battery?........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:48 PM   #4
warmboater
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I will take the readings again in the morning (as i don't remember exact numbers off hand), after it has charged and sits for a while and post them. Thanks...
warmboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:07 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

15.5 x 4 = 62v
The shut off voltage on your charger is likely 63v ...... so there is your equalizing charge every time, check it out.
Welcome to BGW and good for you for doing all that reading!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car