lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2011, 07:19 AM   #11
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Default Re: New to the electric cart world.....

Grinds, congrats on the cart. I can't speak from experience on maintaining the cart for winter but I don't think that plugging the charger in and leaving it would be the best practice. You won't have to monitor it daily though. But the key is caring for the batteries. As suggested, charge it every couple of weeks and check and keep the water levels up.

14mph or so is about right on flat ground for a cart that was probably factory set for a golf course. When I got mine, I was getting about 14.5mph per a handheld gps. After I added my lift kit and 23" tires, that went up to between 16 and 17mph without modifying anything else. Getting the speed code changed will get you going faster. I thought about doing that but am really fine with the speed it is at now for my purposes.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2011, 07:28 AM   #12
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
OBC is supposed to monitor charger status while plugged in and turn it on "allegedly" every 2 weeks or so to run charge cycle . . .
Correct. I thought Under-Dog was saying it will never turn on again unless you unplug it and then plug it back in which is incorrect. It works like you have stated
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:40 AM   #13
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks for all of the replies. I think I will just plug the charger in every other week or so and monitor the water levels since it will be in my garage and easy to get at. Anyone know how much the speed code 4 is for the dealership to install? I have a feeling this cart is going to push me into bankruptcy. Have lots of things I want to do to this thing. First thing is to get it wrapped as the beige color is kinda boring...
Grinds6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:49 AM   #14
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinds6 View Post
Thanks for all of the replies. I think I will just plug the charger in every other week or so and monitor the water levels since it will be in my garage and easy to get at. Anyone know how much the speed code 4 is for the dealership to install? I have a feeling this cart is going to push me into bankruptcy. Have lots of things I want to do to this thing. First thing is to get it wrapped as the beige color is kinda boring...
My local CC dealer charges $104 for what they call their SPEED KIT (code 4 upgrade) . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:49 AM   #15
jantrree
Gone Wild
Club Car

What is the cost of a wrap? If you are just changing colors, you can get a new OEM Precedent body in different stock colors for $395 delivered here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Club-Car-Pre...item45f73818f0

If you are looking for a design, that is a different matter.
jantrree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #16
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jantrree View Post
What is the cost of a wrap? If you are just changing colors, you can get a new OEM Precedent body in different stock colors for $395 delivered here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Club-Car-Pre...item45f73818f0

If you are looking for a design, that is a different matter.
I have a friend that does wrapping. $125 or so is all it should cost me. Thinkin of doin a design eith burnt orange. Or maybe a carbon fiber look. Have a feeling I may be spending alot of time in the garage thinkin and planning what to do next.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:09 PM   #17
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

That's a good strategy Grinds. While it doesn't get too cold enough around here to leave my cart sitting for weeks on end, it does get cold enough that my Harley used to sit a lot in the winter. So, I enjoyed the bike during that time by thinking of mods that I could do and then doing them. Better to invest in some not so cheap, well thought out mods, than to start throwing money at it and be disappointed with what you have done. Mine is no piece of art by any stretch but I'm pleased with it and it's because I was patient. Mine was stock other than the rear seat and I threw a light kit on it right away because there aren't a lot of options there. But I rode it that way for months while I thought about what else I wanted to do with it and I came across good deals on tires, wheels, lift kit, etc.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:14 PM   #18
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think wintertime is going to be bad for the pocketbook... Anyone out there have any 'must haves' on a cart? Something they couldn't see going without now? There are alot of things I want to do to this thing, but where the heck does a guy start?
Old 10-25-2011, 06:11 PM   #19
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Anyone know what the biggest size and what offset tires and rims a precedent can handle without rubbing if I dont install a lift kit?
Old 10-25-2011, 11:45 PM   #20
BBissitt
Getting Wild

Club Car

I have been told a 205/30/12 because of the wire harness channel in the r/h wheel well. I don't know for sure though because I'm wanting to know the same answer and I have gotten different answers. I was told a 19 inch tire is about all you can fit. But that doesn't equel 19"

205x.0395= 8.07 wide
8.07 x 30% 2.42 time 2 =4.84
4.84 plus 12' rim = 16.84 height

hope that is right.
BBissitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car