lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2011, 08:17 AM   #11
JW67
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2001 EZGO engine removal

I checked the tire and it has no slop at all.

I got the engine completely tore down. It was the connecting rod locked onto the crank. You can see the damage. Can the crank be machined or cleaned up and a smaller size connecting rod be bought? I know they have them for club car. I figure if I replace the 2 connecting rods and machine the crank, it should be good to go. It was definately ran low on oil and it doesn't look like the oil was changed in years. BLACK. Heck, I go once a year with both my club cars wether it needs it or not and it is barely brown. I hope this guy learned his lesson. In the one picture, this is all the oil I got out of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2001 Ezgo 027.jpg (65.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 2001 Ezgo 028.jpg (64.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 2001 Ezgo 022.jpg (60.8 KB, 6 views)
JW67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2011, 08:26 AM   #12
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

For EZGOs, I don't think you can get a smaller conrod. Nor can you get a bearing (like the Yamahas). Have the crankshaft cleaned then put a new connecting rod. Altho I understand, for really badly worn/damaged crankshafts, that it can be built up. I had a situation where my conrods really melted into the crankshaft. Because the crankshaft is made of harder metal (conrods are basically alum-zinc alloys, I believe), it won't be damaged by a conrod. Just had it cleaned and worked like new.
worqhors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:28 AM   #13
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Replace your oil filter. Some of the smaller metals coming from the conrtod could really get stuck into the filter. Oil flow is then restricted.
worqhors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:10 PM   #14
JW67
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Just an update on everything. I got the engine apart and it was the connecting rods froze up tight on the crank. Ran low on oil. I took the crank to a machine shop with the new connecting rods and they were able to clean the crank up. Said it was fine. I re-assembled the engine last Tuesday with all new seals and gaskets. I had the owner buy a full gasket and seal kit. Figured, while its apart, might as well go thru it, and on Sunday I put it back in. Runs like a dream. As far as the front end, everything was tight. I am not going any further. The owner of this cart said he was putting it up for sale. Thanks for the Link. I found a few more links on line.

After this experience with EZGO, I must say, it is easier to work on then I expected. Especially the starter/alternator install and tightening. I would consider trying one out but I do not like the front suspension or all the rivets holding the body on. But mechanically, its great.
JW67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:12 AM   #15
borkap
Not Yet Wild

Thanks so much for this. I don't suppose you have the Engine Rebuild
manual, part number 27615-G01 in PDF do ya?
borkap is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO