lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #11
bullpup
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: my first cart charging issues

they seem to be cart batteries, GCV8. looked on line and Deka makes cart battereis. I will try to get a photo and post.
bullpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #12
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullpup View Post
they seem to be cart batteries, GCV8. looked on line and Deka makes cart battereis. I will try to get a photo and post.
If they are GC8V, then they are cart batteries. As suggested earlier, I would charge them up and let the charger shut off on it's own and let the cart sit for at least 12 hours. Then give us a reading of each batteries state of charge and also the whole pack.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #13
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

also keep in mind stock speed is 10 to 12 mph so if your at 10 mph thats about it.......as for runtime thats a whole nother issue....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #14
bullpup
Not Yet Wild

I bought a battery load tester, all batteries read 8 and barely moved when I engaged the load...should I look at the batt diagram to make sure all are installed right? what are other causes of short driveing time and struggles up a hill? Thanks and I am learing a lot with this.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #15
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I bought a battery load tester, all batteries read 8 and barely moved when I engaged the load...should I look at the batt diagram to make sure all are installed right? what are other causes of short driveing time and struggles up a hill? Thanks and I am learing a lot with this.
Did you use a digital volt meter? We need the exact reading of each battery. If each battery shows 8.0v then you have a battery issue. At this point your pack has only a 50% state of charge.

batterytable1118242f71.jpg
Old 01-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #16
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Okay we really need to know how new new is, and you should check all your cells with a hydrometer keep in mind specific gravity is very important and if any of the cells are off from one another by .25 that is an issue. So the more information you can get us the better we can help again you need to find out how new new is because new batteries need broken in and that's also very important that affects runtime and charge percentage.....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #17
bullpup
Not Yet Wild

These are Deka batteries and do not have the date code on the terminal, is there another location where they may have a code? Person I bought the cart from three months ago said the batteries were replaced last sring (can't confirm). I used a nettle gauge load tester for all bateries, 1 read 8.5 and 8 when I applied the load, all the others read 8.75 and 8 when load is applied. How do I check the whole bank charge?

on the breakin, if what I was told by the previous owner is correct, the cart was not driven much after the new batteries were installed. I just got a hydropmeter and will check each batterie, do I check each cell of each batterie?

thanks for all the help so far
Old 01-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #18
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
These are Deka batteries and do not have the date code on the terminal, is there another location where they may have a code? Person I bought the cart from three months ago said the batteries were replaced last sring (can't confirm). I used a nettle gauge load tester for all bateries, 1 read 8.5 and 8 when I applied the load, all the others read 8.75 and 8 when load is applied. How do I check the whole bank charge?

on the breakin, if what I was told by the previous owner is correct, the cart was not driven much after the new batteries were installed. I just got a hydropmeter and will check each batterie, do I check each cell of each batterie?thanks for all the help so far
Yes. Do you have a digital volt meter?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car