lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #1
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Default Will 12 volts work just to test/move my cart?

I bought a limo style, Mercedes bodied, lifted 4" Western with 22" tires, but it sat outside for some time. My plans were to upgrade it to 48v with 8 Trojan T105's and an alltrax 500 amp controller, but as I got into the restoration the rust issues are more prevalent than I originally thought. The electronics will have to wait until I weld in some patch panels and POR-15 the whole stripped chassis. That being said, I did get an advanced ch7-4001 48v fleet speed series motor and I do have a 12v deep cycle marine battery and the stock curtis 1204 controller- will the deep cycle marine battery be enough oomph to move the cart under its own power just to take it out of the garage and back so I can make the mess outside? I obviously do not need a lot of run time, power or speed. Just enough to help me move this heavy beast.
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Will 12 volts work just to test/move my cart?

No, The cart won't run on 12v. Most controllers have low voltage cut off minimums. I'm not sure what it is set at for that unit but it's higher than 12v.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:20 PM   #3
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Will 12 volts work just to test/move my cart?

You can test only the motor using 12V, but as Scott said, don't try to move the cart this way!
Here's the info for the test: http://www.empinc.biz/tech_support.p...troller_series
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts