lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
D&A Thomas
Not Yet Wild

Default Cracks in Club Car body

I have a 1989 club car with several cracks in the body. They are in the upper corners of the battery compartment where the seat rests. Does any one know what type of material the body is made of ? Plastic, Fiberglass ? I've been told mine is plastic but not really sure. I want to repair these cracks but not sure what material/product to use. Thanks.
D&A Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #2
toogood4ubalius79
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Cracks in Club Car body

Welcome to BGW ! I am sure a expert will be able to help you soon. I thought they where Fiberglas factory bodies but don't hold me to that I have a 85 cc 36 volt I am about to strip down but the body is fine so welcome and I am sure you are in the right spot for ur answer
toogood4ubalius79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:19 AM   #3
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&A Thomas View Post
I have a 1989 club car with several cracks in the body. They are in the upper corners of the battery compartment where the seat rests. Does any one know what type of material the body is made of ? Plastic, Fiberglass ? I've been told mine is plastic but not really sure. I want to repair these cracks but not sure what material/product to use. Thanks.
I THINK that prior to 1993, the DS had plastic front body panels and fiberglass rear body panels, but I am sure someone with more info will correct me if I am wrong . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:31 AM   #4
mdlott
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
I THINK that prior to 1993, the DS had plastic front body panels and fiberglass rear body panels, but I am sure someone with more info will correct me if I am wrong . . .
My 87 DS is just like you described, Steve.
mdlott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #5
D&A Thomas
Not Yet Wild

Wow, I took another look at my cart. The front and back panels are definently made of different materials just like you guys said. The front is more soft and flexible than the back section and is certianly plastic. The back is harder and more rigid. I'm gonna get a fiberglass repair kit to fix the cracks. Thanks for all the help.
D&A Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #6
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&A Thomas View Post
Wow, I took another look at my cart. The front and back panels are definently made of different materials just like you guys said. The front is more soft and flexible than the back section and is certianly plastic. The back is harder and more rigid. I'm gonna get a fiberglass repair kit to fix the cracks. Thanks for all the help.
. . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #7
JodyO
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

My 91 has a fiberglass rear body. I know because I cut holes for tail lights. I might also add that my cart also has these same cracks.
JodyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car