lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #11
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Quick Charge charger is in!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cibach View Post
Terry
How is the charger holding up? I am looking at going this route with my build
I have nothing but good to say about the Quick Charge charger. I actually have a second one now to maintain the 144v pack for the dragster. I am sold on these chargers!! They are heavy and they are not cheap but do a great job and appear to me to just about bullet proof.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #12
cibach
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the response
cibach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:24 PM   #13
Damaged1
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I want to put this kind of charger in my older marathon 36v..... do they give good installation instructions ? I like the idea of using that Marinco plug adapter that you used ..... it would be nice to plug in with an extension cord wherever you find power !
Damaged1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:24 PM   #14
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Their instructions are good. It is a very simple and straight forward install.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #15
Damaged1
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you ......... I looked at my batteries and of course they say something different than what I have read here in the forum ... If I am going to buy one of these chargers , I need to know which amperage to get ..... I have a 36v system ... the batteries are Energizers .... they say reserve capacity 105 min ..... they are pretty dirty and I have looked on the side to see if there is any other info , but can't see much of anything..... does this reserve capacity tell me anything ?
Old 11-20-2012, 11:10 PM   #16
Damaged1
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Oh yeah ..... are these batteries considered to be a good choice for golf carts ? I plan on keeping them til they breath their last .... but I want to get a charger that will charge these and still be useful to me if and when I upgrade these batteries ...........
Old 11-21-2012, 05:00 AM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

If your Energizer batteries have something like "GC-2" on them someplace the 105 minutes is the minute rating at a 75 Amp discharge rate, which translates to something roughly in the 200AH range, which is pretty much the standard capacity for Golf Cart batteries.

The typical recommended charge rate for GC batteries is in the 10% to 13% of the AH rating, so either the 20A or the 25A QC charger will work with 200AH batteries.

The difference between the two will be charge time. IE: Instead of 4-6 hours with a 20A charger, it might take 3-5 hours with a 25A charger.

Unless you are planning on buying super-economy batteries in the future (180AH range) either would be fine for future batteries.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #18
Damaged1
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

JohnieB.............. Your awesome , I see that you are always there helping everyone here .... I really appreciate your brainpower and your willingness to lend a hand ............ thanks ..... I think I will go with a 25A .................
Old 11-21-2012, 09:32 AM   #19
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

FWIW - I have one on the way, talked to the guys over there at length. 15 will do if using the cart every so often - 25 only needed if the cart is used daily (golf course style)

I use the cart a lot, but at short intervals and never run down below 50% so I went with the digital read out at 15 amps

Should be on it's way soon - I'll be sure to post
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #20
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I just took a glance at QC's site. They don't have a 20A 36V on-board charger, so I would lean in the same direction as Yurtle, the 15A version unless the cart was used heavily each day.

The 25A would be fine, but it is more expensive.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO