lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Default G2/9 to a G14/16

Hey folks!

I am going to be in the market for another gas cart in the next few months. I sold my G9 earlier this Spring and have regretted it ever since! Everyone always
states "Everything is for sale, for the right price..." Well, I don't believe that anymore! Yes, I got alot more money than what I was asking for but, still wish I
had it! Anywho, I have always liked the looks of the G2/G9 carts. Especially for an "offroad" cart. On the other hand, I have my eye on the G14/G16 style
also... Any info on the difference between these 2 styles? Maybe bigger engine
or taller gearing? Still undecided!!

Thanks,

Tonka
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: G2/9 to a G14/16

The only DownFall of the G14-G16 is the rear-suspension.Its' a semi-independent setup(swing-arm has a single mount at the front so it articulates).The ride is great,until you go off-road,then it always feels like its' gonna roll-overMy Wife loves her G16,except for that Tipsy-Feeling.I might actually change it over to a standard swing-arm mount.They have a ton of power for a stock cart with just the govenor removed,and the steering is perfect for off-road,its' just the right ratio,not too fast or slow on twisty trails(Tree-Dodging)Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #3
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Thanks Pachanga. I was questioning the rear set up also... I may stick with the G2/9. Maybe the wife would like the 14/16!
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #4
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

They handle pretty good on smooth to mildly rough fast trails like we have,but for climbing,descending,and really rough trails they are a little sketchy.I love wheeling around trees in it,it turns so quick and doesn't bite-in like a solid swing-arm.For a nice leisurely ride they can't be beat.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:58 PM   #5
TROUBADOUR
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I love my G2 and G9s for moderate-to-rough going. Use mine for rounding up cattle in the sage-brush covered mountains, shale slopes, rock/boulder studded hillsides at speeds from a crawl to 20 + mph if I'm trying to cut cattle off from getting away. Sometimes I follow horse/cattle paths, sometimes old roads and sometimes the only paths I see are those behind me. No complaints with 4" lift, 22" knobby tires, disconnected governor and power spring... except I'm waiting for a PACHANGA lift to replace the "econo-lift" I'm now using.
TROUBADOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:19 AM   #6
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Well they are tuff I can tell you that

If you get one with the 357cc engine they can have some serious get up and go. The one in the video was the 301cc. My buddy picked that up dead for $75. Charged the battery and replaced the fuel line. Drove it for 8 months put the body back on after fixing it and sold it for $800. He regrets it.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha