lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2008, 04:36 PM   #11
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Overboaring the 295

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzky View Post
Excuse Me
There was no negitivity intended, i just ment to say that a big bock is a large investment for what this engine will be going into. I just want to see what we can do to these 295's that no one else has really tried before. But i have to agree that a big block conversion is one of the ultimate things to do

Once you do a big block, you never really want to go back! lol, i sold my first big block conversion to a customer that i installed into a 02 Club car, and i was soo sad to see it go because it was soo fun for the day or 2 that i had it. It just growled when you floored it, and you flew!
Monsterezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2008, 09:48 PM   #12
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Time to revive this old thread.

I finaly had some free time last weekend to tinker

Got to dig into the 295, and see what we could do to make this thing purr.

As you can see, everything looks ok, however one cylinder had a bit of surface rust in it, must be from humidity from sitting around with the one port open... Not a problem though.

I measured the cylinder walls to see what size we were at.

Right on the money! Right at the lower 64.00mm spec. The motor must still be pretty new. I had little insight into this ones history, but it looks to be in good condition. A bit of carbon buildup here and there, but not any signs of burning oil.

So i also did some cylinder wall measuring, and there seems to be tonnes of meat in this motor to fit a larger piston, heck, after seeing how thick the wall is, you could easily go with a 350 (.50 over) pistion, and still be safe. But i think the std. 350 would be fine.. I wouldnt want anyone to have problems finding a larger then .50 pistion if it ever requires a rebuild in the late future.

Anyways, this will be a winter build, just like some of my other things on the run right now.

Plans i have for this motor will be pretty simple, just a long duration cam, and if i have time, maby a small head milling, & a port and polish.

Should be fun to see how it turns out.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:52 PM   #13
HOGWILD
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Location: Western KY - My Carts: 91 Yamaha G9, 91 Yamaha G9 w/ Warrior Motor, 96 EZGO

Great thread. Hurry up and move along on this project as I currently have a 295 that needs to come out for rebuild. It is smokin like a freight train. I'm not interested in the Big Block conversion just yet either (I have that planned for another cart already)

What kind of wall thickness numbers did you get? just curious...
HOGWILD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:15 PM   #14
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

I dont fully remember off of the top of my head the exact dimension, but i can tell you that there is more then enough thickness on the block if you wanted to go up to a 350 .50 over pistion safely.

Ill see what i can measure up tomorow, or when i have some free time
Old 11-12-2008, 06:16 AM   #15
ruredy
Born Wild

You do know the stroke is different between the 2 engines ?
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:43 PM   #16
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Yes

In theory, i quickly calculated it to be around 320cc with the .std 350 pistion.

The stroke on the 295 is around 45.5mm... as for an actual 350, i havent looked it up yet. but i calcuated it to be 49.63mm approx
Old 11-12-2008, 07:03 PM   #17
Otter70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracktor312 View Post
Looks like a project but do yourself a favor use a penetraiting oil to take things apart it will help alot. wd40 it a water displacement better used for putting things back together to keep water out. I learned this along time ago and it was good advice. hope it helps make life easier for you to. I like PB buster.or good old mystery oil.
I like using PB blaster http://www.pbblaster.com/ to loosen stuff.. it works like a champ
Otter70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:06 AM   #18
spled77
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsterezgokid View Post
Yes

In theory, i quickly calculated it to be around 320cc with the .std 350 pistion.

The stroke on the 295 is around 45.5mm... as for an actual 350, i havent looked it up yet. but i calcuated it to be 49.63mm approx
that cool I am working on same project I am checking on the boaring to. the cilnder walls will loose 1/8in thikness about with 350std.
spled77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:22 AM   #19
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Have you checked the pin hight in both pistons?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 12:35 PM   #20
Goat53
Gone Wild

don't know if it applies to these engines but we used to go up 1 size on the rings and leave the bore stock , then press the ring into the bore and keep adjusting ( grinding off 1 end ) until we had .007 ring gap in the cylinder , by the time the engine warmed up the rings all but had a complete seal ,,, more compression , less blow by , more bottom end torque . ,,, those were lawn mower engines ,, 4 cycle ,,, should work on these also . The 'stock ' ring gap was around .025 to .030 , don't know what the stock gap in the ezgo engines is havn't been working on them that long .
Goat53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO