lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2014, 02:38 PM   #1
Seabb18
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Ezgo 295 93 gas spark problem

So I burnt out my ignitor bought a new one found out my coil was cracked so just replaced that aswell coil reads a strong 3.8 ohm. It will only spark on one side the second I turn on the starter just once then cuts out I will go get some plugs today but was wondering if anyone ran Otto the same problem and figured out a how to fix it ? Thanks ezgo gas 1992 295cc 4 stroke
Seabb18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2014, 09:27 AM   #2
btdtist
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ezgo 295 93 gas spark problem

Ensure you have voltage showing on the + side of your coilbefore cranking it. If you do I would think you have a pulsar coil issue. Search this forum for pulsar coil and you may find something else.
btdtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:29 AM   #3
hugger6933
Getting Wild

On the coil look at the pos side probe with key on test light should light. {when I say probe I mean touch the terminal you can do that without breaking the wire insulation.]Then on the neg side probe with the test light then push the pedal as to crank over and it should flash. If it does your pulsar is good if not get out the DVOM and do more checking. The plug for the pulsar is at the pass side front of the motor down low two wires red and white and a black maybe [it has been a few days] unplug the plug and place the probes from your multimeter in there and crank the engine over , it should read .5 volts. if it does keep looking the pulsar is GOOD, if not switch to the OHMS scale and check to see the range should be 365 to 485. If it is range it is ok. it is pretty rare for them to go out unless your case is like mine,92 4 stroke marathon, someone hooked the battery up backwards now all that works is the starter. Good luck Ignitors go bad a bunch but the pulsars and ignitors both are over $ 125. ouch. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 01:50 PM   #4
bgood
Not Yet Wild

TRIG 123 - OBTW - When i connect my ohm meter between one lead of the pulse and one lead on the coil and rotate the motor by hand,every time i pass the slot in the fly wheel I get a reading.
bgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO