lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2014, 11:57 AM   #1
hot rod
Getting Wild

Default batteries charging

i have an ezgo 2008 with 2013 batteries. the charger shows fully charged. but when driving it power is lost. it is hilly by my house and it seems to run okay until going up a hill. i have had the cart since 2011 and put new batteries in april of 2013. i have kept water in the batteries and cleaned the terminals. also i have 14 gauge cables.
hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2014, 12:04 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: batteries charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot rod View Post
also i have 14 gauge cables.

14 ga battery cables?
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:04 PM   #3
kojo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

14ga. cables.....little on the tiny side aren't they ....just kiddin' buddy, I imagine you meant 4ga. cables. Sounds like under heavy load they deplete fast. Hook a DVM up to them and moniter it while going uphill. Also, check the volt reading approx. 12hrs. after charging has completed (but not still hooked up and in float mode if you have a DPI charger) If that checks ok, check each batteries volt reading to see how far they are apart from each other. Some of the other guys will chime in and help more than I can about this though. Good luck bud.
kojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:49 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

What drive system? If it has a Run/Tow switch on the controller cover, it is a PDS.

Slowing down more on hills than it used to?
Could be a battery issue, high current cables/connections, F/R contacts (If a series drive system), plus some others.

Measuring the pack voltage at rest and under load (like kojo suggested) is a good starting point.

Full charge should be about 38.2V about 12 hours after charger shuts off.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO