lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2016, 10:33 PM   #21
cdscycleandatv
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV will not move

Pin 17- 48v positive input for charger interlock. 0v with charger plugged in. 21-28v with charger unplugged.

^^^^^This is out of the trouble shooting guide.^^^^^

You can rent the hand held scanner???
cdscycleandatv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2016, 10:40 PM   #22
cdscycleandatv
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Just checked blue wire and it's 22.2 volts. D@#M!! LOL. thought maybe we were on to something since last time it was 20.6, and that being below the allowable 21 v. I need a scanner..
Old 08-11-2016, 07:52 AM   #23
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdscycleandatv View Post
Pin 17- 48v positive input for charger interlock. 0v with charger plugged in. 21-28v with charger unplugged.

^^^^^This is out of the trouble shooting guide.^^^^^

You can rent the hand held scanner???
If you were closer I would tell you to come by and I would plugin for nothing, but as you aren't, maybe call your local dealer and see if they would be willing to assist? Plugging in takes almost no time at all and you get instant results to troubleshoot......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:25 PM   #24
cdscycleandatv
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
If you were closer I would tell you to come by and I would plugin for nothing, but as you aren't, maybe call your local dealer and see if they would be willing to assist? Plugging in takes almost no time at all and you get instant results to troubleshoot......
Thanks for the offer rabbit. I did call the shops around here, and each one of them acted like I was talking in a foreign language when I said hand held scanner. Makes you wonder how they work on anything. I guess I need to find an EZ-GO dealer. I'm kinda out in the sticks, closest major city is Winston-Salem NC about 1 hour away or Roanoke VA about 1.5 hr away.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:54 AM   #25
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Quote:
Thanks for the offer rabbit. I did call the shops around here, and each one of them acted like I was talking in a foreign language when I said hand held scanner. Makes you wonder how they work on anything. I guess I need to find an EZ-GO dealer. I'm kinda out in the sticks, closest major city is Winston-Salem NC about 1 hour away or Roanoke VA about 1.5 hr away.
I think FSIP rents them out, but you need something like $700 refundable deposit. But if you have no other choice...
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 07:56 PM   #26
cdscycleandatv
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

UPDATE: ShewWee things got hectic around here for a minute, and the Chessy-Go Project got put on hold. Well I finally got a hold of an EZ-GO authorized service facility that is only about an hour away from me, and they DO have the scan tool. When I called them(McTron Golf Carts)(ez-go) the employees were more than happy to assist, and I was put in touch with their lead technician, Keith. Keith had me run diagnostics on the park brake again.
1. Ohms across the brake coil/unplugged = 25.6 ohm, (SL)(service limit = 27 +/-3).
2. Voltage at WHT & BLK/WHT wire plugged in to brake/ key on = 11.6 V (SL = 12 -18v)
3. Voltage at WHT & BLK/WHT wire unplugged from brake/ key on & press accelerator = 47.6V (SL = Same as Pack Voltage) Pack voltage was 47.8 V.
4. R&R Park brake, Inspect, Clean. = Done
Keith says the controller is good if pack voltage is present at WHT & BLK/WHT wire unplugged from brake, key in the forward position & Pressing accelerator. Results shown in item #3.
Keith then advised I should clean the brake assembly, and I did, and it was pretty nasty. Reinstalled the brake assembly, and with disappointment their was no improvement. I need to call Keith back with those last results, but I figured I would pick your minds first. LOL.

When I cycle the key switch, and get the first THUNK I can watch the brake coil pull the friction plate away from the motor then instantly releases the friction plate.
On the second THUNK when the brake coil pulls the friction plate away from the motor it appears the coil struggles a bit , because I can see the friction plat hesitate slightly(back and forth). It looks as if the brake is in an in between lock/unlock mode, as I can spin the tires put it is very very hard(like the brake is 50% engaged).
Didn't the RXV's Suffer from immature brake failure??
Should I just go ahead and order a park brake assembly for a 100 bucks???
??
Old 08-20-2016, 06:35 PM   #27
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would, I just changed mine out a couple of weeks ago, with a used brake from an ebay seller in Texas refurbishes RXV's (Johns Golf Carts, their web page says they are the biggest refurbisher of RXV's in the US and are located just outside a big golf cart community) , paid about $35 and so far so good, it is clearly used, but if I get a couple of years out of it I would consider it a win at 1/3 retail. Just make sure not to over torque the screws as this leads to premature brake failure.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:24 AM   #28
cdscycleandatv
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
I would, I just changed mine out a couple of weeks ago, with a used brake from an ebay seller in Texas refurbishes RXV's (Johns Golf Carts, their web page says they are the biggest refurbisher of RXV's in the US and are located just outside a big golf cart community) , paid about $35 and so far so good, it is clearly used, but if I get a couple of years out of it I would consider it a win at 1/3 retail. Just make sure not to over torque the screws as this leads to premature brake failure.
Isaac, was your cart having similar symptoms before you replaced the brake? I did see the refurbished brakes you are referring to, but until now I couldn't find much feedback stating if they lasted a day, week, month, ect. So I ordered a new assembly from AXIS-GOLF-CART-SUPPLY in GA for $111.00. It should be here Thursday (8-25-16). Man I hope the brake fixes my problem. Only thing that has me worried still is the 11.5 ish volts when the brake is plugged in. Manual specifies 12-18 V.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:15 AM   #29
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My cart suddenly failed the start up brake test a few weeks ago, I could feel the slight lurch upon turning the key on, so I ordered the used brake and installed it. Since then there have been no more brake problems, although the RXV has not been getting much use the last week or two, probably no more than 3 or 4 miles put on it since the brake change out due to all the rain we have been getting here in Louisiana (you may have seen some of it on the news). Only time will tell how long this brake will last, but so far so good.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 06:45 PM   #30
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Isaac, was your cart having similar symptoms before you replaced the brake? I did see the refurbished brakes you are referring to, but until now I couldn't find much feedback stating if they lasted a day, week, month, ect. So I ordered a new assembly from AXIS-GOLF-CART-SUPPLY in GA for $111.00. It should be here Thursday (8-25-16). Man I hope the brake fixes my problem. Only thing that has me worried still is the 11.5 ish volts when the brake is plugged in. Manual specifies 12-18 V.
I wish you were closer, as I have a handset. I do not have the Danaher CAN Bus cable though, only the EZ-Go/Curtis 4 pin round com port cable. The Danaher CAN Bus cable is available from FSIP. I think you're about 4-5 hours northeast of my location.

Keith at MsTron knows his stuff. Hopefully he can guide you to a resolution. As mentioned prior, the brake relay is for factory brake lights and has nothing to do with the actual brakes. Sorry, I do not have a Danaher controller for you to test with. I only have Curtis controllers here.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO